This basic Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is anything but ordinary. Creamy, Sweet and flecked with Vanilla Seeds, this ice cream is sure to be a great base for any sundae, float or shake.
Welcome to day 2 of Ice Cream Week 2014! This year the event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We have teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to bring you ice cream treats all week long. It's going to be an epic week full of frozen treats!
I absolutely LOVE vanilla ice cream. Sure chocolate or cookie dough is great, as are other flavors like Key Lime Pie Ice Cream, but I love vanilla. There is something special about eating a well-made vanilla ice cream. I love how creamy it is and when I can see the little vanilla seeds dispersed throughout.
Vanilla is a great base for everything, from ice cream pie to floats, shakes and sundaes. I personally love hot fudge, caramel and sprinkles on my sundae. Top it with whipped cream and a cherry and I am one happy girl!
I usually make a custard base for my ice cream, but wanted to do something different and easy in case anyone was not sure about cooking eggs. I will be posting a custard based ice cream later in the week, so if you would like to try it, it is delicious!
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
a Love and Confection original
Click here for a printable recipe
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 cup Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- Hot Fudge, Sprinkles or any other toppings optional
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Directions:
1. Make sure the bowl of your ice cream maker is frozen for a minimum of 24 hours before needed. Make sure all the dairy ingredients are well chilled before using.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the Whole Milk, Granulated Sugar, Salt and Vanilla Bean Paste until thoroughly combined.
3. Add in the Heavy Whipping Cream and slowly stir/whisk to combine. You do not want to whip it too much. Since the mixture should still be cold, you can churn immediately. If you wish, you can refrigerate it again for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
4. Churn ice cream according to manufacturer's directions. You can either serve immediately or place in a freezer-safe container and freeze for a minimum 4 hours, or until firm. Enjoy!
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!
- S'mores Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Balsamic Roasted Strawberry Ice Cream by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- White Russian Milkshakes by The Redhead Baker
- Very Chocolate Little Malt Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Kickin' Peach Milkshake by The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream by Love and Confections
- Chocolate Beet Milkshakes by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream by Noshing with the Nolands
- Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Ice Cream by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Vanilla Caramel Swirl Ice Cream by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Apple Pie Ice Cream by Mind Over Batter
- Nutella Swirl Toffee Crunch No-Churn Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chocolate Ginger Ice Cream Sandwiches by Mother Would Know
- 1 Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine in White
- One Cake Boss Mechanical Ice Cream Scoop with Red Silicone grips
- One Cake Boss 4Pc Ice Cream Bowl Set, Icing Pattern
- One Anolon Advanced Bronze 2 Qt Covered Straining Saucepan with Pour Spout
- One Microplane Herb and Salad Chopper
- One Microplane Premium Classic Grater in White
- One WUSTHOF CLASSIC 9-inch Double Serrated Bread Knife
- One Copy of the Cookbook Making Artisan Gelato by Torrance Kopfer
- One Copy of the Cookbook Everything Goes with Ice Cream by Koralee Teichroeb
- One Copy of the Cookbook Vegan Scoop by Wheeler del Torro
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of the Cookbook Eat More Dessert by Jenny Kellar
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
- One Copy of the Cookbook Scoop Adventures by Lindsay Clendaniel
Here's what is up for grabs, One Winner Takes All:
Disclaimer: I did not receive any product for participating in this event. The #IceCreamWeek Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada residents only. ONE winner will receive ALL the prizes listed. Giveaway ends at midnight on August 31st.
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!