With the right amount of spice, sugar, crunch and chewiness, these Ginger Crinkles are perfect for the season.
Welcome to #CookieWeek! Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen and Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic have joined together this week with 23 of their blog friends to present to you a week of cookie treats! We have every type of cookie you can think of listed this week, including something for our furry friends! Now is the time to bookmark these recipes for the upcoming holidays and cookie swaps or simply visit our Pinterest board! Make sure you enter the giveaway with some fabulous prizes from KitchenAid, King Arthur Flour, OXO, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane Sugar to help with your cookie making needs!
These cookies are addictive! My Mom told me about this recipe last Christmas and they are so good. Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, just the right amount of spice and sweetness.
The first time my Mom made these, she made one batch - which yields between 3.5 and 4 dozen cookies. It sounds like a lot, but they were all eaten within a day. She had to remake a couple more batches just so we could have these cookies for our Christmas celebrations.
Trust me when I say that even though it's a little time consuming, you will want to make multiple batches of these guys!!
yield 3.5-4 dozen
Ginger Crinkles Ingredients:
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cloves
- 1/2 cup vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1 large Egg
- Turbinado Sugar for rolling cookies in
Ginger Crinkles Directions:
- Heat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Flour, Bakind Soda, Ginger, Cinnamon, Salt, Allspice and Cloves.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add the Shortening, Butter, Brown Sugar and granulated Sugar, and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in the Molasses and Egg and beat until combined
- Slowly add in the Flour and spice mixture and beat until combined.
- Place the Turbinado Sugar in a small bowl. Using a small cookie scoop, drop the batter into the Turbinado Sugar by the scoopfuls and roll around to cover completely.
- Place 12 dough balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart, and bake for 9-11 minutes, rotating halfway through. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then continue cooking on a wire rack.
We have an amazing giveaway lined up this week thanks to our fabulous sponsors, KitchenAid, OXO, King Arthur Flour, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane Sugar.
Four lucky winners will win one of the following:
Prize #1: 1 (one) KitchenAid 9-Speed Hand Mixer plus 1 (one) 4lb bag of Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
Prize #2: 1 (one) OXO gift set including the following: 1 (one) 3-in-1 Egg Separator, 1 (one) Cookie Press, 1 (one) Autumn Cookie Disk Set, 1 (one) 3 piece Cookie Cutter Set, 1 (one) Bowl Scraper, 1 (one) 2 Cup Adjustable Measuring Cups
Prize #3: 1 (one) King Arthur Flour gift set including the following: 1 (one) King Arthur Unbleached All Purpose Flour -5lb bag, 1(one) Snowflake Cookie Cutter Set, 1 (one) King Arthur Flour Pure Vanilla Extract, 1 (one) Sparkling Sugar Collection, 1 (one) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Wafers - 16oz and 1 (one) 4lb bag of Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
Prize #4: 1 (one) Silpat Halfsize Mat and 1 (one) 4lb bag Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
This giveaway is open to US residents from November 11, 2013 through November 16, 2013 11:59pm EST and will be picked from random draw. The winners will be notified via email and have 72 hours to respond, if not their prize is forfeited and another winner will be chosen.
How to Enter:
- Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment with your favorite cookie to bake during the holidays or for cookie swaps.
- Many more ways to enter in the rafflecopter widget!
Disclaimer: KitchenAid, OXO, King Arthur Flour, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane are providing the prizes free of charge. All opinions stated are my own.
Until next time
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!