St. Patrick’s Day Irish Cream Chocolate Cupcakes are decadent chocolate cupcakes infused with Irish Cream Liqueur, then decorated with a trendy buttercream piping technique in various shades of white and green. Top with a fun sprinkle mix that will shamrock your St.Patrick’s Day.
This recipe was created for and sponsored by Dixie Crystals. All opinions are my own.
Saint Patrick’s Day is such a fun holiday to celebrate. Everyone wears green and eats and drinks all things green. I decided to create a moist chocolate cupcake with Irish Cream Liqueur, and fun buttercream decorations.
I love making sweet treats for Saint Patrick’s Day. My Shamrock Fudge is always a hit, Rainbow No-Bake Cheesecake Parfaits always win the kids over, and my Chocolate Irish Cream Cheesecake Cookie Cups are the perfect indulgent bite for adults! Saint Patrick’s Day is always a celebration in our house, especially because Mr. L&C’s birthday is so close to it.
Frosting doesn’t always have to be piped the same way for every cupcake. I like mixing it up, and this technique can be used with so many different color combinations! Inspiration is everywhere these days, and I love trying out new techniques and tricks I find through Instagram. (P.S. if you’re not following me on Instagram, you should).
I will definitely be using this piping technique again for all the holidays this year. Cupcakes are the perfect treat and can become a showstopper at any event or holiday. Details and quality definitely matter, and choosing a fun sprinkle mix tops off this delectable Irish Cream Chocolate Cupcake!
Tips and tools for the best buttercream:
- A stand mixer is my favorite for mixing buttercream – you can find my favorite kitchen appliances in my Amazon Store.
- Disposable piping bags – they are see-through, which is great when using multiple colors, and the most sanitary option.
- Small silicone spatula or straight icing spatula
- Gel food colors – with a variety of colors, gel is the best for buttercream and royal icing.
- Piping tips – I have a large variety of piping tips and use them on cakes, cookies, and more.
Visit Dixie Crystals for the full recipe:
ST. PATRICK’S DAY IRISH CREAM CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES