These cookies are the perfect combination of peanut butter, chocolate and hazelnut!
Welcome to #cookieweek! Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen and Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic have joined together this week with 23 of their blog friends to present to you a week of cookie treats! We have every type of cookie you can think of listed this week, including something for our furry friends! Now is the time to bookmark these recipes for the upcoming holidays and cookie swaps or simply visit our Pinterest board! Make sure you enter the giveaway with some fabulous prizes from KitchenAid, King Arthur Flour, OXO, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane Sugar to help with your cookie making needs!
These cookies came out of a baking fail. You know, when you try a recipe and something just doesn't look right. Well I tried a delicious looking chocolate cookie recipe, twice, and total fail. So I changed my gameplan and saw these little beauties in a cookie magazine.
The salty peanut butter combined with the sweet Nutella makes for a perfect cookie. I am totally a salty, sweet person! If you plan on making these ahead of time for the holidays, do the hazelnut spread at the last minute, because it will not harden, unless you freeze them in individual layers.
Peanut Butter Hazelnut Cookies
adapted from Pillsbury
yield 20-30 depending on scoop size
Peanut Butter Hazelnut Cookie Ingredients:
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 stick Vegetable Shortening
- 1 & 1/4 cups packed Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 large Egg
- 1 & 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (I used Nutella)
Peanut Butter Hazelnut Cookie Directions:
- Heat oven to 350F
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachement, combine Peanut Butter, Shortening, Brown Sugar, Milk and Vanilla Extract. Beat until combined then scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the Egg and beat until combined.
- Combine Flour, Baking Soda and Salt in a small bowl. Add to Peanut Butter mixture and beat until just combined.
- Using a small to medium cookie scoop, drop onto ungreased non-stick cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake 7-9 minutes, or until lightly brown. Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to rack to continue cooling.
- Melt Chocolate Hazelnut Spread in microwave for 10-15 seconds, then drizzle on cool cookies.
We have an amazing giveaway lined up this week thanks to our fabulous sponsors, KitchenAid, OXO, King Arthur Flour, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane Sugar.
Four lucky winners will win one of the following:
Prize #1: 1 (one) KitchenAid 9-Speed Hand Mixer plus 1 (one) 4lb bag of Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
Prize #2: 1 (one) OXO gift set including the following: 1 (one) 3-in-1 Egg Separator, 1(one) Cookie Press, 1(one) Autumn Cookie Disk Set, 1(one) 3 piece Cookie Cutter Set, 1(one) Bowl Scraper, 1(one) 2 Cup Adjustable Measuring Cups
Prize #3: 1 (one) King Arthur Flour gift set including the following: 1(one) King Arthur Unbleached All Purpose Flour -5lb bag, 1(one) Snowflake Cookie Cutter Set, 1(one) King Arthur Flour Pure Vanilla Extract, 1(one) Sparkling Sugar Collection, 1(one) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Wafers - 16oz and 1(one) 4lb bag of Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
Prize #4: 1 (one) Silpat Halfsize Mat and 1(one) 4lb bag Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
This giveaway is open to US residents from November 11, 2013 through November 16, 2013 11:59pm EST and will be picked from random draw. The winners will be notified via email and have 72 hours to respond, if not their prize is forfeited and another winner will be chosen.
How to Enter:
- Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment with your favorite cookie to bake during the holidays or for cookie swaps.
- Many more ways to enter in the rafflecopter widget!
Disclaimer: KitchenAid, OXO, King Arthur Flour, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane are providing the prizes free of charge. All opinions stated are my own.
Also check out the other #CookieWeek participants and their cookies today!
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!