Kale Chips are light and crunchy, slightly salty and the perfect healthy snack for any time of the day!
Hopefully everyone had a great Holiday Season and Happy New Year! I thought I'd ring in the new year with one of my favorite snacks that are super easy and good for you - Kale Chips.
Instead of grabbing a bag of chips or pretzels when I'm in the mood for something crunchy and salty, these Kale Chips satisfy my craving. My uncle loves to make these and that's where I tried them for the first time. He adds a bit of red pepper flakes for a kick, but you can leave them out if you don't want to include them. They are so versatile, you can use whichever spice blend you prefer.
I am anxious to make my next batch and play around with some different spices and flavorings. These Kale Chips are the perfect snack to keep you from munching on not-so-good food and help you on any New Year's healthy resolution you might have. Enjoy!
A Love and Confection family recipe
Click here for a printable recipe
Kale Chip Ingredients:
- 1 bunch of Kale
- Sea Salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2-3 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1-2 pinches of Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
Kale Chip Directions:
1. Heat oven to 275F and lightly spray non-stick cooking spray onto 1-2 sheet pans with sides.
2. Pull leafy portions from stringy veins of Kale and tear large leafs into smaller pieces. Rinse well and spin or pat and air dry. Make sure they are completely dry before baking to insure a crisp chip.
3. Place the Kale in a large mixing bowl and add Sea Salt, Garlic Powder and Olive Oil. Toss lightly to coat and place in a single layer on your sheet pan.
4. Bake for 18-22 minutes, rotating halfway through. They should shrink about 50% and are done when crisp. Let them cool on the sheet pan for 3-5 minutes. They are very delicate, so carefully, with a spatula, remove the Kale Chips from the sheet pan and place them in a bowl for serving.
*Kale Chips are best eaten within 24 hours of baking. I have not tried this, but if you choose to store them, place some uncooked white rice in the bottom of an airtight container and store for up to 2 days.
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!