M&M's® Crispy are Back! I am really excited about this blog post! I fell in love with M&M's® Crispy when they first debuted a few years ago. Ever since, I have been hoping for a comeback and am so happy they are here. I decided to celebrate with some easy and tasty M&M's® Crispy Bark - crispy, crunchy, and chocolate deliciousness.
If you've never had a M&M's® Crispy, you need to visit CVS and go ahead, treat yourself. They are back by consumer demand and I couldn't be happier. M&M's® Crispy is a delicious milk chocolate with crispy rice center and only 180 calories per serving! If I had no self-control, I might eat an entire large bag in 1-2 sittings. Thank goodness M&M's® Crispy comes in individual bags too! I can grab a bag and pop it into Toddler L&C's diaper bag so I can have a snack on the run. Also, CVS has a coupon available for M&M's® Crispy - click on "Deals" then "Printable Coupons"
As a mom to a toddler, I always have snacks in my diaper bag for her. When she first started getting teeth, she loved those little stars that dissolved in her mouth. She moved up into fruit bars, organic cheese crackers, cereal and fruit & veggie pouches. I usually double check to make sure that I have everything I need for her before we leave the house. Believe me, it isn't a good thing when Mommy forgets some snacks or her sippy cup with water.
I usually eat my meals with her, but sometimes timing is off and I either eat before or forget to eat. It's pretty bad when you don't have snacks for the toddler, but Moms need snacks too. I learned the hard way that I need to keep something in her diaper bag for me also. Individual bags of M&M's® Crispy fit perfectly into the side pouch of her diaper bag. I also like bagging up other snacks and chocolate bark is one of them.
M&M's® Crispy big bags are available in the candy aisle and the individual packs are located underneath the registers at the front of the store.
I bought a big bag of M&M's® Crispy so could make some chocolate bark. M&M's® Crispy Bark is great because I can have it as an afternoon snack, in the car between errands, or as a treat at night after dinner. Bark is so versatile and I love that you can add almost anything to it - flavors, toppings, etc. - and it is really easy to make too.
Be careful, because little hands want to have some M&M's® Crispy too!
Gather all your ingredients.
Chop the milk chocolate almond bark.
Create a double boiler for the chocolate - making sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
Spread the chocolate in your prepared pan, top with M&M's® Crispy and refrigerate until set.
M&M's® Crispy Bark
A Love and Confections original recipe
Click here for a printable recipe
M&M's® Crispy Bark Ingredients:
- 9 ounces Milk Chocolate Almond Bark
- 4 ounces M&M's® Crispy candies
M&M's® Crispy Bark Directions:
1. Chop Milk Chocolate Almond Bark and place into a bowl. Create a double boiler by filling a small pot with some water, making sure the water does not touch the bottom of the chocolate bowl. Heat the water, then turn to low and place the bowl on top of the pot.
2. With a silicone spatula, stir the chocolate so it does not burn, being careful because the bowl will become hot.
3. While the chocolate is melting, prepare your 9x13 pan by placing parchment paper inside, making sure it overlaps so you can pull the chocolate out once it has set.
4. Pour the chocolate onto the parchment once it is completely melted. Use an offset spatula to spread it into an even layer. Sprinkle on the M&M's® Crispy candies and press in slightly. Refrigerate for 10-20 minutes, or until set. Cut or break into pieces and store in an airtight container for up to one week. Enjoy!
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!