Cucumber Mint Water is a refreshing way to spruce up your water intake.
Use my helpful tips to increase your water consumption throughout the day.
The temperature here in Florida is still scorching. If it isn't blistering hot, it is sticky and humid from all the torrential thunderstorms. When the weather heats up, I know that my water intake needs to be upped as well. While I do enjoy Iced Tea and Lemonade, having water is an important part of every day.
I try to drink around 8 glasses of water per day. Some days are better than others. I often find myself near the end of the night, and realizing I had not had all the water I should have.
Here are a few simple tricks to help make sure you get enough water during the day:
- Label and place water bottles on the counter where they can visibly be seen throughout the day.
- Set reminder alarms - i.e. drink 2 cups by breakfast, drink 2 more cups by lunch, etc.
- Have an app on your phone (I use Fitbit and MyFitnessPal) to help keep track of how much water you drink during the day.
- Carry water bottles with you - in a purse, backpack, gym bag or diaper bag.
- Keep a glass or bottle of water close by if you are sitting and doing a lot of computer or desk work. It helps to have that constant reminder and get a small sip if you aren't able to get up to grab a glass.
- If using a glass, don't set down an empty one. Instead, refill it and take a few more sips.
- Try different types of water: Sparkling, Spring, Mineral, etc., but be careful of water that has added calories.
- Infuse water with fruits, vegetables and herbs!
I hope these tips help you with your water consumption. Remember to take care of yourself if you are out in the heat.
A Love and Confections original recipe
Cucumber Mint Water ingredients:
- 20 Mint Leaves
- 2 small or 1 medium Cucumber, thinly sliced
- Crushed Ice
- Filtered Water
- Mint and Cucumber for garnish, optional
Cucumber Mint Water Directions:
1. Place Mint Leaves in the bottom of a large container with lid (I prefer mason jars). With the back of a wooden spoon or muddler, lightly bruise the leaves. Add in the Cucumber. Top with some Crushed Ice, then fill with Filtered Water, leaving 1/2 inch at the top. Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 24 hours. Enjoy!
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. This blog is not intended for medical advice. I am in no way a doctor or registered nutritionist. Please consult your doctor with any questions regarding a change in your health.