Frozen Strawberry Lemonade is tart, sweet, refreshing, and absolutely delicious - the perfect drink for a healthy and nutritious Valentine’s Day!
This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry Growers Association in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Strawberry season is one of our favorite times of the year. Aside from eating them straight off the bush, my family and I enjoy all kinds of baked goods and treats with strawberries, like Freezer Jam, Strawberry Fraisier Cake and Strawberry Daiquiri Pie. Since we have quite a bit of warm weather almost year-round, frozen drinks are always welcome. Fresh Florida strawberries are often a main ingredient, like in my Frozen Strawberry Lemonade.
Did you know that 8 medium strawberries equal your daily requirement of vitamin C? My family loves supporting locally grown, nutritious, and delicious Florida Strawberries. #ToddlerLnC has fun picking strawberries in the field, and enjoys everything I make with them. She usually is a strawberry-covered mess even before we get in the car, because she eats just as many as we pick out in the fields.
I love letting her pick and eat something that is nutritious and healthy, especially locally-grown Florida Strawberries, which are perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Fresh from Florida Strawberries are available December through April, so everyone can get flavorful and nutritious strawberries all Winter long.
Citrus is great in strawberry recipes, especially lemons, because they are so bright and really brings out the flavor in strawberries. I decided to use Meyer Lemons in my frozen drink, since they are in season. Meyer Lemons have a bright yellow-orange skin, and are sweeter and less acidic than conventional lemons found in the grocery store.
Vanilla Greek Yogurt was also added, which is a healthier mix-in for drinks and makes it extra creamy. The tart lemon and creamy yogurt are such a delicious combination for strawberries! It is almost a mix between a smoothie and a daiquiri - so tasty!
I hope you enjoy all the delicious and nutritious strawberries this Florida Strawberry season and grab a glass of Frozen Strawberry Lemonade too. Cheers!
Frozen Strawberry Lemonade
Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Ingredients:
- 1 pound cut and diced fresh Florida Strawberries
- 1 cup Meyer Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 2-3 cups Ice
- 1/4-1/2 cup Honey or Simple Syrup, depending on taste
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Directions:
1. Place all ingredients into high-powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy consistency. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!
It’s easy to add flavor and nutrition to your favorite dishes with Fresh from Florida Strawberries. For more Florida Strawberry Recipes visit Strawberry Sue’s website. Click here for more strawberry nutritional information. You can also see the Florida Strawberry Association Website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest for strawberry inspiration. Also follow Strawberry Sue on YouTube and Twitter!
- Sparkling Strawberry Sangria from Family Foodie
- Strawberry-Basil Spritzer from Eat Picks
- Strawberry and Cream Smoothie from Flour On My Face
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade from Love and Confections
- Strawberry Shortcake Milkshake from Ruffles & Truffles
- Skillet Baked Strawberry Oatmeal from Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Strawberry Banana Hazelnut Crepes from The Crumby Cupcake
- Strawberry Coffee Cake with Greek Yogurt from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sweetheart Strawberry Scones from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Basil, Brie and Strawberry Salad from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chef Salad with Strawberry Croutons from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Herbed Strawberry Salad from Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Waldorf Salad from Food Done Light
- Balsamic Strawberry Walnut Pizza with Fresh Mozzarella and Basil from Soni's Food
- Mahi Mahi with Strawberry Sauce from Cooking Chat
- Strawberry Mole Chicken from Curious Cuisiniere
- Dark Chocolate Strawberry Parfaits from Daily Dish Recipes
- Flourless Almond Cake with Strawberries and Coconut Cream from Casa de Crews
- Strawberry Cannoli from Palatable Pastime
- Triple Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake from Renee's Kitchen Adventures