Fall is here, as is all things pumpkin spice. Coffee fans cheer the day their beloved pumpkin spice lattes become available, ringing in the change of seasons. Unfortunately, living in Florida, we are still rather warm and rainy. I long for cooler Autumn weather and all the wonderful Fall treats like soups and stews, hot drinks, and everything apple and pumpkin.
I used to be a huge pumpkin spice fan, but after having a baby, I can no longer drink a pumpkin spice latte without getting a bit queasy. I have no idea why, I just can’t stomach them anymore. I can use and eat the actual pumpkin spice sparingly without it bothering me, but there is something about a pumpkin spice flavored coffee that doesn’t sit well.
These roasted sweet potatoes, on the other hand, are perfect with the addition of pumpkin spice. My house smelled amazing while these were roasting, even though it was dreary and raining outside, it smelled like Fall inside – all I need are some changing leaves and sweater weather and I’d be set. I hope you get a chance to make this simple and delicious side dish. It would be perfect for the Thanksgiving table as well.
Pumpkin Spice Roasted Sweet Potatoes
A Love and Confection original recipe – serves 6
Click here for a printable recipe
Pumpkin Spice Roasted Sweet Potato Ingredients:
– 6 medium Sweet Potatoes
– 4 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
– 4 teaspoons Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
Pumpkin Spice Roasted Sweet Potato Directions:
1. Heat oven to 425F. Spray 2 jellyroll pans with nonstick cooking spray. Peel and dice Sweet Potatoes into 1/2 -1 inch cubes.
2. Place Sweet Potatoes in a large bowl and toss with Olive Oil and Pumpkin Pie Spice until the pieces are completely covered.
3. Spread between 2 cookie sheets and roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until slightly brown and crispy, rotating the sheet trays and stirring the potatoes once halfway throughout. Serve immediately.
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!
Here are today’s #SundaySupper Fall Flavors:
- Apple-Currant Dutch Baby Pancake by The Weekend Gourmet
- Apple Swirled Pumpkin Yeast Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread by Party Food and Entertaining
- Giant Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tart by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Appetizers and Sides
- Butternut Squash, Cauliflower and Cabbage Soup with Lentils by Monica’s Table
- Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins by Pancake Warriors
- Pumpkin Spice Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Love and Confections
- Roasted Veggie Tart by Books n’ Cooks
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Roasted Veggies & Couscous by Momma’s Meals
- Butternut Squash Lentil Curry Soup by Food Done Light
- Curry Beef Pies by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Fantasy Rice by The Petit Gourmet
- King Prawns in Red Sauce – Mauritian Style Creole Sauce by Peachy Tales
- Pasta with Creamy Butternut & Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Pork Chops with Apple Dijon Sauce and Arugula Salad by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pork Chops with Glazed Apples and Vegetables by The Complete Savorist
- Quinoa and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash by Feeding Big and More
- Roasted Tomato Soup with Bacon/Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich by A Gouda Life
- Salt Roasted Salmon over Roasted Butternut & Yam Soup by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken, Delicata Squash and Olives by Foodie Tots
- Sweet Potato French Bean Lentil Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Sweet Potato Alfredo Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Thai Curry Pumpkin Soup by Eating in Instead
- Whole Roasted Chicken with Vegetables by Life Tastes Good
Desserts and Cocktails
- Apfelkuchen by Curious Cuisiniere
- Applesauce Cake with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Swirls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Gingersnap Refrigerator Dessert by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Autumn Bellini by An Appealing Plan
- Autumn Spice Cookies by Desserts Required
- Caramel Apple Napoleons by The Crumby Cupcake
- Caramel Apple Pie Bundles by The Freshman Cook
- Caramel Apple Streusel Muffins by The Redhead Baker
- Caramel Apple Swirl Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesecake Swirl Pumpkin Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chestnut and Pear Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Dark Chocolate-Espresso Pumpkin Tiramisu by Brunch with Joy
- Dutch Apple Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Butterscotch Drizzle by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pumpkin Chocolate Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Pumpkin Crisp by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake by Flour On My Face
- Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Maple Pears by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Spiced Pear Cake by Simply Healthy Family
- Spiced Pumpkin Bread by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Sweet Apple Skillet Cake by Nosh My Way
Plus, A Guide to Apples plus Best Fall Recipes Ideas for #SundaySupper
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.