This recipe was created for the #makeitwithMILK contest in conjunction with the Food Wine Conference. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are mine alone.
Monster milkshakes, crazy shakes, or whatever you want to call them, are taking the internet by storm, and this one is deliciously crazy. I love Rice Krispies Treats and this milkshake totally tastes like one. Of course, I had to add sprinkles, because let’s be real, everything is better with sprinkles!
Homemade ice cream is THE best ingredient for milkshakes. You can use store bought, but I like to have homemade ice cream at home anyway, so I used it for this recipe. I have wanted to make a monster shake for a while and decided to enter this recipe into a contest for the Food Wine Conference.
A week from today is the Food Wine Conference and I cannot wait! One of the conference sponsors, Florida Dairy Farmers is hosting a #makeitwithMILK contest, where bloggers were tasked with creating a recipe using at least 1 cup of real milk and at least 1 cup of one other dairy product.
Rainbow Rice Krispies Treat Milkshake
By Love and Confections
- 2 cups Marshmallow Ice cream (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- Marshmallow frosting
- Sprinkles for garnish
- Marshmallows for garnish
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Rice Krispies Treats
- Frost rim of 2 milkshake glasses with frosting and dip in sprinkles.
- Blend together ice cream, milk and rice cereal. Pour into glasses. Top with whipped cream, rice krispies treats covered in sprinkles, and cherries.
Marshmallow Ice Cream
By Love and Confections
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 ounces mini marshmallow
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Make sure the bowl of your ice cream make is frozen for a minimum of 24 hours before you make the ice cream.
- In a large pot, combine the milk, marshmallows, sugar, salt, and 1 cup heavy cream. Cook until marshmallows have dissolved. Pour into container, add remaining heavy whipping cream and chill 1-2 hours, or until well chilled.
- Before churning, mix in vanilla bean paste. Churn ice cream according to manufacturer’s directions. Serve immediately, or place in a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!