I love making seasonal overnight oatmeal. On busy mornings, overnight oatmeal is what gets me going. The apple pie flavor comes from cinnamon and apple butter mixing with apple cider to create the perfect Fall breakfast. Don’t forget to enter the #AppleWeek giveaway here!
Homemade granola is perfect on top of overnight oats. I also add chopped apples and toasted walnuts. You can definitely customize your oatmeal with tons of different flavors and textures. Layering it with cinnamon yogurt and baked apples also make a delicious morning parfait. The options are limitless.
Apple Butter Overnight Chia Oatmeal
By Love and Confections
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Diced apples for garnish
- Toasted walnuts for garnish
- In a small bowl or large mason jar, combine oats, sugar, cinnamon and chia seeds.
- In a measuring cup, combine apple butter, apple cider, milk and vanilla. Add into oats. Add salt and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Portion into bowls and top with diced apples and toasted walnuts.
Yield: 2 servings
- 1-Pot Apple Sausage Meatballs by Books n’ Cooks
- ABC Sheet Pan Dinner by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Bacon Goat Cheese Salad by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Apple Bourbon Float by Our Good Life
- Apple Butter Overnight Chia Oatmeal by Love and Confections
- Apple Cinnamon Layer Cake with Brown Butter Streusel by The Baking Fairy
- Apple Cornbread Cakelets by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Crumble Muffins by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Noodle Kugel by Palatable Pastime
- Caramel Apple Pie Dip by Mildly Meandering
- Apple Pie Donuts by Daily Dish Recipes
- Apple Pie Turnovers by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Pork Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Cranberry Crock Pot Stuffing by West Via Midwest
- Baked Chai-Spiced Apple Chips by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Beet Apple Salad with Maple Vinaigrette by Caroline’s Cooking
- Butterscotch Harvest Cake by Tip Garden
- Caramel Apple Cookie Bars by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Caramel Apple Sheet Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Cinnamon Caramel Apple Frozen Custard by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Cold Apple Cider with Caramel Infused Rum by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Creamy Blue Cheese & Sliced Apple Crostini by Who Needs a Cape?
- Deconstructed Chocolate Caramel Mini Apple Pie by The Freshman Cook
- Deconstructed Skillet Apple Dumplings by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fall Panzanella Salad by House of Nash Eats
- Fresh Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze by Soulfully Made
- German Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting by Cooking With Carlee
- Glazed Spiced Apple Cider Cookies by Savory Moments
- Hasselback Apples by Kate’s Recipe Box
- PB Apple Muffins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Skillet Apple and Sausage Stuffing Recipe by Lemon Blossoms
- Skinny Apple Crisp by The Saucy Fig
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter by Shockingly Delicious
- One Pan Pork Chops with Apples and Cinnamon by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Out of This World Apple Cake by Family Around the Table
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.
Wendy Klik says
I still haven't tried overnight oats. This recipe may change all that.
I definitely need to make more overnight oats. I love them and it's so convenient to just grab one in the morning.