Good food, family, friends and fireworks always made it a special day. We have apple pie on the Fourth, and of course vanilla ice cream to top it with, so I thought that would be the perfect combination for an easy and delicious milkshake.
Our Fourth of July celebration always consisted of grilling, swimming in the pool, and lot (and lots and lots) of fireworks. We had so many fireworks that a large table was set up to display and organize them all. The fathers in our cul-de-sac went all-out every year. We set up lawn chairs in our driveway to watch the show. My mom even grew an aloe plant just for our Fourth of July celebrations, in case anyone got burned from a sparkler or firework.
One year, we had a rogue firework that, when lit, flew sideways and onto the firework staging table. I have never seen the Dads move so fast in my entire life. They all lunged for the table, knocking off the bad firework, so we didn’t accidentally light everything on fire. I have such fun memories of Fourth of July with my family and our friends, and cannot wait to share the fun with my toddler too.
Apple Pie Milkshakes are also an excellent way to use up any leftover apple pie after your festivities too. Make the milkshakes extra festive by adding graham cracker crumbs on the rim, whipped cream, fun straws and patriotic sprinkles. I hope you and your family have a wonderful, and safe, Fourth of July. Enjoy some Apple Pie Milkshake!
Apple Pie Milkshakes
By Love and Confections
- 2 slices apple pie
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 scoops vanilla ice bean ice cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- toppings: whipped cream and sprinkles
- optional: graham cracker crumb rim
- Place apple pie, milk and ice cream in a high-powered blender. Blend and serve in chilled glasses. Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Total time: 5 mins.
Tags: Apple Pie, Milkshake, Frozen, Ice Cream, Fourth of July, Summer,
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!
- Honey Berry Blue Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- How to make Chicken Yakitori in Skewers for #SundaySupper by Asian In America
America the Beautiful Beverages
Raise the Flag Breakfasts
- Breakfast Cake Stars with Strawberry Syrup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Red, White, and Blue Berrylicious Smoothie Bowl by The Hungry Goddess
For the Red, White and Blue Salads and Main Dishes
- Bang Bang Pork Chops by Wholistic Woman
- Blueberry and Watermelon Arugula Salad by A Mind Full Mom
- Blueberry Barbecue Sauce for Red, White and Blue Chicken Skewers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Firecracker Hot Dogs by Sunday Supper Movement
- Founder’s Mac and Cheese by Cooking Chat
- Pumped Up Potato Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Red Hot Chicken and Blue Cheese Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red White & Blue Caprese Salad by Go Epicurista
- Red White and Blue Fruit Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Red, White, and Blue Salad by Simple and Savory
- Watermelon Salad with Feta & Blueberries by Monica’s Table
- Yankee Doodle Noodle Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Oh Say Can You See Desserts
- All-American Patriotic Dessert Tarts by Family Around The Table
- Berry Cheesecake Flag Dessert by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Easy (No Bake!) Two Bite Berry Pies by Cooking With Carlee
- Firecracker Muddy Buddies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Flag Fruit Pizza by Dash of Evans
- Homemade Snow Cones by Palatable Pastime
- Patriotic M&M Cookie Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Patriotic Smoothie Pops by Crazed Mom
- Red, White, and Blue Berry Pound Cake Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabob Flag by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Red, White, and Blue Fruit Tart by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Granita by Dessert Geek
- Red, White, and Blue M&M Cookies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Red White and Blue Parfaits by Desserts Required
- Red, White and Blue Popsicles by Our Good Life
- Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispie Treats by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red, White and Blue Shooting Stars by The Freshman Cook
- Red White and Blue Strawberries with Chantilly Cream by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Rice Krispies Treat Birthday Cake by Pies and Plots
- Rosemary Cookies with Tomato Jam by The Finer Cookie