Happy #MuffinMonday! I am participating in the Muffin Monday group, and am so excited. I love muffins – they are the perfect little vessel of baked goodness. I often make muffins for my family, since they are so easy and delicious. Some of my favorites are my Crumb-Top Blueberry Muffins and Carrot Cake Muffins.
Apple Zucchini Muffins
Adapted from Wholesomelicious
Click here for a printable recipe
Yield 18-20 muffins
Apple Zucchini Muffin Ingredients:
– 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
– 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
– 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
– 1 large Egg
– 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
– 2 cups White Whole Wheat Flour
– 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
– 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
– 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
– 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon Salt
– 1/2 cup Milk
– 1 Apple, peeled, cored, and grated
– 1 medium Zucchini, grated and pressed between paper towels to drain
Apple Zucchini Muffin Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375F. Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the Butter and Brown Sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides and add in the Greek Yogurt, Egg and Vanilla Bean Paste. Beat to combine.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the Flour, Oats, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Cinnamon and Salt. Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, stirring only to combine and not over-mixing.
4. Remove from your stand mixer and add in the Milk, Apple and Zucchini. Fold the mixture together so you do not over-mix it.
5. With an ice cream scoop or measuring cup, evenly distribute the batter between the muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let it cook for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!
- Apple Oatmeal and Goat Cheese Muffins from The Spiced Life
- Apple Oatmeal, A Whole Grain Muffin from Farm Fresh Feasts
- Apple Zucchini Muffins from Love and Confections
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Cornbread Bacon Muffins from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Peach and Pumpkin Muffins from Passion Kneaded
- Pumpkin Applesauce Muffins from Making Miracles
- Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins from Kelli’s Kitchen
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.
Kirsten Madaus says
These muffins look yummy! I often finely shred and freeze my zucchini when it's coming at me from all directions (the garden & the farm share). Once thawed, it's super easy to drain really well because the simple act of freezing breaks down those plant cell walls and releases the pesky water. Point of my rambling science lesson is–I can make your muffins all Fall and into winter with my frozen zucchini!
Wendy Klik says
These sound delicious. No wonder your cutie patootie loves them.
Stacy Rushton says
I love adding zucchini to baked goods since hardly anyone every notices and it adds a lot of moisture. I'd just call these delicious apple muffins, Terri. 🙂 I'm so glad you've joined us!
Kelli Davidson says
I am one of those people who loves zucchini and so adding them to muffins just sounds delicious! I must make some of these soon!
Karen Kerr says
Sort of a summer harvest meets fall harvest! They look delicious!
I have yet to use zucchini for baking. If I can find some this weekend, I'll have to make your lovely muffins.