Sprinkle Sugar Cookies are a colorful sweet treat for any back-to-school snack or dessert. This easy-to-bake recipe is great to make with the little ones too!
I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #BacktoSchoolTreats week recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Anything funfetti, with loads of sprinkles, is my perfect dessert! Back-to-School Sprinkle Sugar Cookies make me so happy, and it made the little extremely happy too. She is a bit nervous about starting a new school, and these cookies brightened her day. Even better, I introduced her to a sprinkle sugar cookie ice cream sandwich. Her eyes went wide like saucers when she saw my dessert creation. Needless to say, that is now her favorite way to eat cookies!
Sprinkle Sugar Cookies:
This cookie recipe is adapted from the Sweets & Treats blog. I love a good chocolate chip cookie, but I have a friend who doesn’t eat chocolate (I know!), and made a cookie that they can enjoy too. It has a rich, delicious cookie base that from both Dixie Crystals Light Brown and Granulated Sugars. I didn’t have any pudding mix in the pantry, but next time I make these sprinkle sugar cookies, it will definitely be added to my shopping list. I also used Taylor & Colledge Vanilla Bean Paste for this recipe.
Back-to-School Sprinkle Sugar Cookies will definitely put a smile on any kids face after a day at school. These sweet treats are also a great activity to help them learn baking and measurements. Teaching kids how to cook and bake is important. My little one loves to be in the kitchen with me and her grandmas. She helps prepare and roll homemade meatballs, bake cookies, grow and pick herbs, and much more. Her interest in the kitchen has also sparked her love of kid baking and cooking shows too.
Sweets & Treats Sprinkles:
Sprinkle sugar cookies are by far, one of my favorite, because sprinkles. I have a serious sprinkle addiction, and Sweets & Treats gladly provides me with gorgeous sprinkles. Fun sprinkle mixes are just the beginning. If you’ve seen my paper straw and cupcake liner collections on Instagram, then you know how amazing Sweets & Treats is. I often base my desserts around the sprinkle mix – I let the sprinkle mix inspire me! It has definitely helped with some of my favorite desserts and cakes, including my Purple Velvet Halloween Layer Cake, Irish Cream Cupcakes, Pineapple Paradise Layer Cake, and Gingerbread Latte Cupcakes.
When I think of back-to-school treats, primary colors always come to mind. Sweets & Treats “Prime Time” mix is what I gravitated toward for these fun Back-to-School Sprinkle Sugar Cookies.
Tools, Tips & Tricks:
- I like to line the pan with baking paper.
- These are some of my favorite cookie scoops. I love that they are color-coded, which makes measuring batter easy.
- Jelly Roll or half sheet pans are my favorite for baking drop cookies.
Back-to-School Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Taylor & Colledge Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Sweets & Treats Prime Time sprinkle mix, plus more for decoration
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, with the paddle attachment, beat butter 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add in light brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla bean paste. Beat 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Scrape down sides as necessary. Add in eggs and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. While mixer is on low, add flour mixture to butter and mix until combined. Add in sprinkles and mix until just combined. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment baking paper and set aside.
- Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, roll cookies into balls, and place on prepared cookie sheets. Place additional sprinkles on the tops of each cookie. Bake for 11-12 minutes, or until golden on the edges. Cookie will look slightly under-baked.
- Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Check out these #BacktoSchoolTreats recipes from our Bloggers:
Back to School Snacks:
Chocolate Covered Honeycomb Candy from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Funfetti Rice Krispies Treats from Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats
Mochi Donuts with Salted Caramel Glaze from Simply Healthyish
On the Go Granola Pouch from Jen Around the World
Summer is winding down, and we are celebrating with #BacktoSchoolTreats hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. All week-long 30 bloggers will be sharing 100+ fantastic recipes for both parents and kids, with breakfasts, snacks, desserts, and drinks to get you back in the school routine. Thank you sponsors for providing the prize packages. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Thank you to #BacktoSchoolTreats Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Sweets & Treats, Torani, Taylor & Colledge, and Flahavan’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BacktoSchoolTreats recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BacktoSchoolTreats giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning.
Five (5) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond once chosen, or they forfeit the prize and alternate winner(s) will be chosen. The #BacktoSchoolTreats Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages.
Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #BacktoSchoolTreats posts or entry.