Happy #BrunchWeek!!! Check out the amazing prizes from our sponsors and a chance to enter everyday! Also scroll down for this recipe!
#BrunchWeek has officially started! I am so excited to see all the wonderful recipes and photos, and extremely grateful to all our participants and sponsors. #BrunchWeek could not happen without you.
I have been loving Brunch for some time and recently decided to blog about it. What better way to start off #BrunchWeek than with a drink and a toast? I love Mimosas of all kinds: Orange, Cranberry, Flamingo (orange & cranberry), Grapefruit and Blood Orange. If you have never had a blood orange, do yourself a favor and try it.
The inside of a Blood Orange flesh can range from orange with reddish streaks and a light pink-orange juice to a dark maroon or blood color, with an almost grape juice darkness. Blood oranges are usually slightly smaller than regular oranges and have an almost rosy pigment on their skin. They are a hybrid and have a distinct flavor which is slightly sweeter than regular oranges.
Blood Orange Mimosas
a Love and Confections original recipe
Blood Orange Mimosa Ingredients:
– 1 bottle of Champagne, Prosecco or Cava, well chilled
– 8-10 Blood Oranges
Blood Orange Mimosa Directions:
– Juice and strain the Blood Oranges into a large pitcher
– Pour the Champange, Prosecco or Cava into the pitcher and stir slightly
– Divide evenly between champagne flutes and enjoy
– If making individual Mimosas straight into champagne flutes: contrary to how most people pour mimosas, with Blood Oranges, I actually like to pour the Champagne in first, because otherwise it bubbles up too much, settles, and leaves the glass looking not so pretty.
We are so grateful to have such amazing sponsors for Brunch Week who have given us a fabulous bunch of incredible (INCREDIBLE!) prizes for our giveaway.
Today’s Brunch Recipes from participating #BrunchWeek Food Bloggers
Cherry Tomato and Chorizo Omelette by Katie’s Cucina
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!
Disclosure: I have not been given any monetary compensation for this post or any #BrunchWeek post involving the above sponsors and/or prizes. Samples and bits of promotional material have been given to me, not exceeding a value of $100 total.