Welcome to day 4 of #BrunchWeek. My aunt introduced me to this salad. It is usually present at family gatherings, including brunch, and I love its versatility. You can definitely customize it with different fruits, vegetables and nuts, depending on the season. Blueberry season just started here in Florida, and we have already been out in the field picking blueberries. Well, I did the picking, #ToddlerLnC showed me every blueberry she picked, faked me out thinking she would put it in our bucket, then popped it into her mouth. Every. Time… toddlers…
What I love most about this salad is that I am able to enter it into the #Blueberry Toss contest for the Food Wine Conference. The conference is less than 2 weeks away and I can hardly wait. One of the conference sponsors is Wish Farms – a Florida Strawberry and Blueberry grower. They tasked us to create an original recipe that includes at least 1 serving of blueberries.
I know that this recipe is a favorite in my family, and with some tweaks of my own, this is the perfect salad for any family event – especially brunch. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. If you are interested in joining me at the Food Wine Conference, there are still tickets available! It is a wonderful experience, with amazing food, delicious wine, fabulous speakers (did you hear our keynote speaker is Donatella Arpaia?!?!) and great sessions planned.
- Aperol Cocktails by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Grapefruit Rosemary Mocktails by Sweet Beginnings
- Teh Tarik (Malaysian Pulled Tea) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Homemade Crumpets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Cinnamon Scones with Salted Caramel Drizzle by Family Around the Table
- Cannoli French Toast by Cooking In Stilettos
- Cinnamon Cobblestone Bread by My Catholic Kitchen
- Orange Popvers by The Chef Next Door
- Pretzel Bagels with Roasted Jalapeno Cream Cheese by The Texan New Yorker
- Strawberries and Cream Sweet Rolls by The Redhead Baker
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Apple Fritters by The Suburban Soapbox
- Blueberry Salad with Green Onion-Poppy Seed Dressing by Love & Confections
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
- Caramelized onion, Bacon, and Cheddar Egg Tart by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Breakfast Quesadillas with Bacon and Cheesy Eggs by Casa de Crews
- Chorizo Egg Breakfast Skillet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Crab Souffle by A Day in the LIfe on the Farm
- Picante Omlette Pie by Feeding Big and more
- Slow Cooker Ham, Cheese, and Veggie Breakfast Casserole by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Curried Fish Tacos by Nik Snacks
- Ham and Mushroom Strata by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Croque Monsieurs by Making Miracles
- Roman Breakfast Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Chicken Salad by The Barbee Housewife
- Spiced Marinated Lamb Lollipops by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Gluten Free Citrus Pastries by Gluten Free Crumbley
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Vidalia Onion Committee, Sage Fruits, Nielsen-Massey, KitchenIQ, and Le Creuset for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own.
Christie Campbell says
I LOVE the colors in this salad. So delicious.
Wendy Klik says
This is a wonderful salad. I hope it wins. Wish I could go to the FWCon..shooting for next year.