Welcome to Day 3 of Ice Cream Week 2014! This year the event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We have teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to treat you to tons of amazing ice cream recipes. Ice Cream Week is shaping up to be the best week ever!
Like I said yesterday, I am definitely a Vanilla Bean Ice Cream girl, but once in a while I treat myself to chocolate on top of chocolate on top of chocolate. This milkshake definitely satisfied my chocolate craving. Cookies ‘n Cream is such a classic flavor and I decided to switch it up by using chocolate ice cream too.
You can use store bought ice cream or make your own, whichever you prefer. Mr. L&C loves his cookies ‘n cream flavor. He usually picks that out when we buy ice cream. I can’t wait until Baby L&C can be able to try ice cream. I love the joy it brings to kids and seeing their eyes light up when a sundae or ice cream cone is given to them, and then they can’t eat it fast enough and it melts all over them. Total messy cuteness.
– 2 scoops Cookies ‘n Cream Ice Cream (homemade or store bought)
– 2 scoops Chocolate Ice Cream (homemade or store bought)
– 1/2 cup Chocolate Milk
– 1/2 Heavy Whipping Cream
– 1 tablespoon Powdered Sugar
– Maraschino Cherries (optional garnish)
– 3 Chocolate Wafer Cookies (optional garnish)
1. Place Cookies ‘n Cream Ice Cream, Chocolate Ice Cream and Chocolate Milk in blender and mix until combined. Either by hand, in the bowl of a stand mixer, or with an immersion blender, whip the Heavy Cream and Powdered Sugar until stiff. Crush Chocolate Wafer Cookies into crumbs and pieces.
2. Pour Milkshake into 2 glasses, top with Whipped Cream, Maraschino Cherries and Cookie Crumbs. Enjoy!
Be sure to swing by all of today’s Ice Cream Week Participants:
- Roasted Blueberry Milkshake by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cherry Almond Chocolate Ripple Semifreddo by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Peach Pit Swirl Ice Cream by Scoop Adventures
- Pumpkin Gelato with Salted Caramel Swirl by The Redhead Baker
- Salted Butter Pecan Brittle Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Lemon Curd Ice Cream by Life Tastes Good
- Pistachio-Cherry No Churn Ice Cream by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Blueberry Frozen Yogurt by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Raspberry Ripple Buttermilk Gelato by Crumb
- Chocolate Cookies ‘n Cream Milkshake by Love and Confections
- Lazy Leftover Fruit Salad Ice Cream by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream by Noshing with the Nolands
- Gluten Free Devil’s Food Ice Cream Cake by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Blueberry-Kiwi Lemonade Shake by The Spiffy Cookie
- Caramel Macchiato Soft Serve Ice Cream by Wishes and Dishes
- Carrot Cake Ice Cream by Mind Over Batter
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream by The Gunny Sack
- White Peach Ice Cream with Bourbon Caramel by Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- No Churn Low Carb Peach Ice Cream from Yours and Mine are Ours
Our sponsors for the event have provided us with some great prizes. A huge thanks to Cake Boss, Anolon, Microplane, WÜSTHOF, Page Street Publishing and Quarry Spoon. Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen have tossed in a bonus prize of a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker because they think everyone should own one!
- 1 Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine in White
- One Cake Boss Mechanical Ice Cream Scoop with Red Silicone grips
- One Cake Boss 4Pc Ice Cream Bowl Set, Icing Pattern
- One Anolon Advanced Bronze 2 Qt Covered Straining Saucepan with Pour Spout
- One Microplane Herb and Salad Chopper
- One Microplane Premium Classic Grater in White
- One WUSTHOF CLASSIC 9-inch Double Serrated Bread Knife
- One Copy of the Cookbook Making Artisan Gelato by Torrance Kopfer
- One Copy of the Cookbook Everything Goes with Ice Cream by Koralee Teichroeb
- One Copy of the Cookbook Vegan Scoop by Wheeler del Torro
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of the Cookbook Eat More Dessert by Jenny Kellar
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
- One Copy of the Cookbook Scoop Adventures by Lindsay Clendaniel
Disclaimer: I did not receive any product for participating in this event. The #IceCreamWeek Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada residents only. ONE winner will receive ALL the prizes listed. Giveaway ends at midnight on August 31st.