Welcome to a Beantastic #SundaySupper! I was debating on what to make for this week’s theme. Originally black beans were what I was leaning toward, but there were a few black bean desserts already being made. I recently hosted Vanilla Week, so I didn’t want to focus on the vanilla bean. Then, a “light-bulb moment” happened – you know in cartoons, when the character gets a brilliant idea and a light-bulb pops up over his head – yeah, I have those moments…
Coffee! or more precisely, Espresso Beans! I love treating myself to a little package of Chocolate Covered Espresso Bits from my local supermarket. They’re the perfect amount of chocolate and espresso flavor packed into a little snack. The only thing that could make them even better is more chocolate and espresso.
I used espresso powder to flavor the chocolate and used chopped and whole chocolate covered espresso bits, so you have espresso in every bite. The espresso bits give the bark a nice crunch and I topped it off with a sprinkling of sea salt, because let’s be honest, almost everything is better with a sprinkling of sea salt. I hope you enjoy this easy and delicious recipe!
Chocolate Covered Espresso Bean Bark
A Love and Confections original recipe
Click here for a printable recipe
Chocolate Covered Espresso Bean Bark Ingredients:
– 3/4 cup Chocolate Covered Espresso Bean Bits, divided
– 12 ounces Almond Bark Chocolate Baking Bar
– 1 teaspoon Espresso Powder
– Pinch of Sea Salt
Chocolate Covered Espresso Bean Bark Directions:
1. Prepare a jelly roll pan with a piece of wax paper. Place 1/4 cup of the Espresso Bits into a bowl. Coarsely chop the remaining 1/2 cup of Espresso Bits and place into the same bowl. Mix and set aside.
2. Chop the Almond Bark Baking Bar into pieces and place into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, in the microwave, then stir with a spatula. Heat for an additional 30 seconds and stir once again. If necessary, heat for another 15-20 seconds. Stir after each heating and make sure not to over heat or burn the bark. If there are little bits of chocolate still there, stir with a spatula and the heat from the melted chocolate should finish melting the rest.
3. Once the chocolate is completely melted, add in the Espresso Powder and stir. Pour the chocolate onto the prepared wax paper and smooth out with a large offset spatula. Quickly sprinkle on the chopped and whole Espresso Pieces, pressing them into the chocolate slightly, and sprinkle on the Sea Salt. You can refrigerate it until it hardens, but it can also be left out at room temperature. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!
Here are more Sunday Supper Bean Dishes
- Avocado Hummus by Our Good Life
- Bean Ragoût and Crisped Mushrooms by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Black Bean Chili Nachos by Brunch with Joy
- Chickpea Fries (Panisse) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Five Layer Greek Hummus Dip by Food Done Light
- Pizza Roasted Chickpeas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- White Bean and Basil Spread by Peaceful Cooking
Bean-a-rific Soups and Stews:
- Butternut Squash White Bean Soup by Magnolia Days
- Chickpea and Bean Soup by Momma’s Meals
- Classic Cassoulet by Food Lust People Love
- Navy Bean & Kale Soup by An Appealing Plan
- Navy Bean Soup by The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Pork and Bean Stew by Nosh My Way
- Kielbasa and White Bean Soup by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Spicy Sausage, White Bean and Spinach Soup by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Bean and Cornbread Salad by MealDiva
- Clams with Black Beans by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gold Rush Baked Beans by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Maple Brown Sugar Baked Beans by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Pinto Beans With Cornbread Croutons by Nik Snacks
- Whiskey Bacon Baked Beans by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Incredi-bean Main Meals:
- Arugula Tomato and Beans Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Bean and Bacon Tacos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Beefy Lima Bean Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Colombian Red beans – Frisoles Antioquenos by Palatable Pastime
- Italian Beans and Greens by Simply Healthy Family
- Honey-Lime Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos by The Chunky Chef
- One Pot Tuscan Style Garlic Herb Pork Chops by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Orecchiette with White Beans and Swiss Chard by Delaware Girl Eats
- Skillet Black Beans and Pork by Cooking Chat
- Ultimate Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Pancake Warriors
- White Bean Ragout, Frisèe, and a Fried Egg by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Amaze-beans Sweet Endings:
- Chocolate Covered Espresso Bean Bark by Love and Confections
- Flourless Almond Joy Cookie Dough Ball by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Flourless Mocha Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies by Wallflour Girl
- Gluten-Free Donuts by NinjaBaker
- Pecan Praline Black Bean Brownies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Soy Awesome Cookies 2.0 by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Coco-Cacao Bean Smoothie by Dandelion Greens
- Sweet Bean Pie by Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee by Noshing With The Nolands
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.