The temperature here in Florida is still scorching. If it isn’t blistering hot, it is sticky and humid from all the torrential thunderstorms. When the weather heats up, I know that my water intake needs to be upped as well. While I do enjoy Iced Tea and Lemonade, having water is an important part of every day.
I try to drink around 8 glasses of water per day. Some days are better than others. I often find myself near the end of the night, and realizing I had not had all the water I should have.
Here are a few simple tricks to help make sure you get enough water during the day:
– Label and place water bottles on the counter where they can visibly be seen throughout the day.
– Set reminder alarms – i.e. drink 2 cups by breakfast, drink 2 more cups by lunch, etc.
– Have an app on your phone (I use Fitbit and MyFitnessPal) to help keep track of how much water you drink during the day.
– Carry water bottles with you – in a purse, backpack, gym bag or diaper bag.
– Keep a glass or bottle of water close by if you are sitting and doing a lot of computer or desk work. It helps to have that constant reminder and get a small sip if you aren’t able to get up to grab a glass.
– If using a glass, don’t set down an empty one. Instead, refill it and take a few more sips.
– Try different types of water: Sparkling, Spring, Mineral, etc., but be careful of water that has added calories.
– Infuse water with fruits, vegetables and herbs!
I hope these tips help you with your water consumption. Remember to take care of yourself if you are out in the heat.
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. This blog is not intended for medical advice. I am in no way a doctor or registered nutritionist. Please consult your doctor with any questions regarding a change in your health.
Leave a Reply