Grapefruit Lime Spritzers will be your new go-to Spring drink. Freshly squeezed grapefruit juice and homemade lime simple syrup, combine in a light and refreshing cocktail.
I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of this #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
I love these spritzers, because it’s great as a daytime drink for parties, brunch, and weekday happy hour. During the week, I don’t want something too heavy or with too much liquor. Therefore, spritzers are the perfect solution for happy hour at home. They are refreshing, bright, and and an easy cocktail for any day of the week.
Recipe Note: Make sure all your liquids are chilled before mixing. Have extra grapefruit and lime wedges for garnish.
Brunch is better with fun cocktails. I love mimosas, and often mix and match flavors. When the weather warms up, Frozen Peach Bellinis are a welcome frosty treat. Joyjolt’s new Lacey Double Wall Insulated Glass is a the perfect whimsical touch for cocktails. Joyjolt also has a gorgeous highball glass that I used for my Cranberry Orange Madras.
Grapefruit Lime Spritzers start with good quality ingredients. While bottled grapefruit juice is readily available, fresh is best. Homemade lime simple syrup makes the drink extra special. I prefer a sparkling fruit beverage, like San Pellegrino, as opposed to a soda for spritzers. Feel free to mix and match flavors also.
Simple Syrup tips:
- Simple syrup can be a 1:1 ratio of sugar to water, or (rich simple syrup) in a 2:1 ratio of sugar to water.
- I use a dry measuring cup for the sugar and liquid measuring cup for the water. Weighing with a scale is more precise, though
- When adding ingredients, like lime zest, to the syrup, make sure you don’t get the bitter white pith. I use a rasp or fine zester like Microplane.
- Strain herbs, zest, and other flavorings before mixing simple syrup into your drink. A fine mesh strainer is the best.
- Store your syrup in the refrigerator in a labeled and sterilized glass jar. I usually keep my simple syrup for about 2 weeks. Rich Simple Syrup has a longer shelf life, but be aware they do expire and can get moldy.
Grapefruit Lime Spritzers
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce homemade lime simple syrup
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 ounces Rosé wine
- 4 ounces Italian sparkling grapefruit beverage
- crushed ice
- grapefruit and lime wedges, for garnish
Homemade Lime Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- zest of one lime
Grapefruit Lime Spritzers
- In a large measuring cup, or shaker, combine grapefruit juice, lime simple syrup, lime juice, and rosé. Fill glasses with crushed ice and fruit wedges. Divide drink between two glasses and top with sparkling grapefruit beverage.
Homemade Lime Simple Syrup
- Combine sugar, water, and lime zest in a small saucepan. Heat until just boiling, and sugar has dissolved, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, place in a sterilized glass jar. Let it come to room temperature, then place in refrigerator until completely chilled.
Enter the #BrunchWeek giveaway here:
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
4 Ingredient Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri from Hardly A Goddess
Dairy Free Peach Italian Cream Soda from Cookaholic Wife
Mango Banana Smoothie from The Mandatory Mooch
Peach Guava Italian Soda from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Peach Mimosas from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Sparkling Strawberry Peach Punch from For the Love of Food
BrunchWeek Appetizers and Salads:
Deviled Ham Spread from Platter Talk
Eggs Benedict Cobb Salad from Sweet Beginnings
Everything Bagel Dip from Snacks and Sips
Savory Pull Apart Cheesy Pinwheels from Who Needs A Cape?
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Lobster Eggs Benedict from The Redhead Baker
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains, and Pastries:
Banana Split Muffin Recipe from Creative Southern Home
Funfetti Cinnamon Rolls from Kate’s Recipe Box
Maple French Toast Cups from Family Around the Table
Princess Toast from Seduction in the Kitchen
Vegan Mango Peach Toaster Pastries from The Baking Fairy
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
Chorizo, Papas, y Queso Enchiladas from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Sandwich Cake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Blackberry-Mascarpone Dessert Pizza from Tip Garden
Brown Sugar Shortbread from Shockingly Delicious
Brunch Cake from April Golightly
Rainbow Biscotti from The Crumby Kitchen
Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Wheatgerm Chocolate Chip Cookies from Simply Healthyish Recipes
This recipe is intended for individuals ages 21 & up. Please drink responsibly. Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Joyjolt, Sweets & Treats, Torani, Sarcastic Cooking, Dessert for Two, Sweet Phi, and The Little Ferraro Kitchen for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning.
Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond once chosen, or they forfeit the prize and another winner(s) will be chosen. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.
Liz @ Books n' Cooks says
I know not everyone loves grapefruit, but I really enjoy it at breakfast/brunch time – and this spritzer sounds amazing. Can’t wait to try it!
And THANK YOU for hosting #BrunchWeek – this is such a fabulous event. I look forward to it every year 🙂
Thank you for participating! Love having you!! Grapefruit in drinks is especially great for brunch.