Happy October! I love Halloween so much and am very excited to participate in this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek hosted by my friend Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. Angie loves Halloween just as much as I do and I cannot wait to share all of my sweet treats with you this week!! First up is a Halloween Sprinkle Cookie Cake.
Cookie cakes have always been a favorite treat of mine. I love being able to bake and decorate it with frosting and sprinkles – which I usually don’t for regular chocolate chip cookies. Themed cookie cakes are especially fun. I added a bright and festive sprinkle mix into this batter for some extra color and flair.
I love the Dragon Dreams sprinkle mix from sponsor Shop Sweets & Treats, and knew it would be a great addition to my cookie cake. The sprinkles are used both inside the cookie dough, and on top of the frosting. Sprinkles are my favorite thing to hoard. With all the fun sprinkle mixes out there, there are so many options for treats.
The delicious chocolate frosting is easy to whip up and a dream to work with. Only a few ingredients are needed for an easy decorative element. I chose chocolate for the frosting – because chocolate! – but feel free to omit it replace the cocoa with powdered sugar, and color the frosting. I think the chocolate showcases the sprinkles best, and because I had white sprinkles and candies, chocolate was perfect for everything.
In addition to the fun sprinkle mix, I used Wilton Candy Eyes and Wilton Skull & Bone Sprinkle Mix. They add both a cute and spooky vibe and are perfect on the chocolate frosting. Little L&C loved looking at the eyeballs and bones and sprinkles when the cake was finished. No tricks needed for this treat. Have a happy Halloween!
Halloween Sprinkle Cookie Cake
Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sprinkle mix
- Heat oven to 350F. Lightly spray 14-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In large bowl or bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add in egg and vanilla and combine. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- While mixer is on low, add in dry ingredients and incorporate. While on low, add in chocolate chips and sprinkles and mix until just combined.
- Place cookie dough into pizza pan and using a spatula or your hands, flatten dough until it barely reaches the edges (dough will spread). Make sure your pan is big enough, or the dough will overflow in the oven. You can also use a deep dish pan.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, or until lightly brown. Cool cookie cake completely before decorating.
By Love and Confections
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- In large bowl with hand blender, or bowl of mixer with whisk attachment, combine butter, powdered sugar, and cocoa on low until combined. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Once incorporated whip on medium low and add in heavy cream, 1 tablespoon at a time. Scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Whip on medium to medium-high until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes.
- Using a spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure all ingredients have been mixed in. Place frosting in piping bag fitted with a 2D piping tip.
- Pipe around edge of cookie cake and in center. Top with sprinkle mix, skull & bone sprinkles, and candy eyes.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate from Big Bear’s Wife
- Day of the Dead Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes from Pook’s Pantry
- Devilish Halloween Deviled Eggs from Pastry Chef Online
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from ReciPEAs
- Cauldron Cupcakes from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Black Magic Skull Cakes from Sugar Dish Me
- Frankenstein’s Monster Pudding Cups from I am a Honey Bee
- Halloween Sprinkle Cookie Cake from Love and Confections
- Chocolate Dipped Brownie Pops for Halloween from Southern From Scratch
- Creepy Crawly Dirt Cup Pudding Parfaits from 4 Sons R Us
- “Guts” Cinnamon Rolls from A Blender Mom
- Creepy Eyeball Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Mummy Bites from Eat Move Make
- Monkey Brain Bread from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Cookie Pizza from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Boo Berry Pie from Kudos Kitchen
- Monster Donuts from The Baking Fairy
- Boogeyman Brew from Who Needs A Cape?
- Purple People Eater Thumbprints from The Spiffy Cookie
- Hocus Pocus Halloween Decorated Pretzels from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Black and Orange Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Skeleton Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Monster Mash Cake from Mildly Meandering
- Graveyard Skillet Brownies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Blood-Red Pomegranate Margarita from The Redhead Baker
- Halloween Snoballs from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Cherry Hand Pies from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Dunkaroo Dip from Savory Experiments
- Bloody Eyeball Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Eye Scream Sundae from For the Love of Food
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Oh my gosh I love this!!! We love cookie cakes in our house!
All of those eyeballs on the frosting are adorable! What a great Halloween treat!
Valentina | The Baking Fairy says
I love cookie cake! This is so much fun and I love how you decorated it!
Your cookie cake is so perfect for folks who don't want to commit to a huge slice of "regular" cake but still want a slice of *something* to celebrate with!
Liz Mays says
Those googly eyes are the perfect embellishment!
I need to try my hand at a cookie cake. They always look so delicious!!