Today is the last day of #BrunchWeek! I cannot believe the week is already over. Thank you to my wonderful co-hostess, Shaina from Take A Bite Out Of Boca. We had such a fun week with our 30 blogging friends and sharing over 120 recipes with you. Be sure to check out my Blueberry Sangria, Whiskey Walnut Tart, 60-Minute Cinnamon Rolls, Caramelized Onion, Kale, Bacon and Cheese Strata, and Lemon Blueberry Crepes from earlier in the week. Today is the last day to enter our HUGE #BrunchWeek giveaway too!
Leftover cinnamon rolls, maple syrup, oats, and walnuts come together to create a delicious dessert combination, granted, I would eat this just for breakfast as is. I love making bread puddings because the flavor combinations are endless. You can use any type of bread, flavor the egg mixture, add mix-ins, and bake until it is gloriously golden brown and delicious.
These Individual Bread Puddings are made with leftover 60-Minute Cinnamon Rolls. I know what you might be thinking – is there such a thing as leftover cinnamon rolls?! My recipe makes about 24 rolls, and in a family of 3.5, we don’t eat that many. I love making bread pudding out of sweet breads and my yeasty, delicious Cinnamon Rolls were perfect for this dessert.
When my family and I brunch, there is usually a mix of both savory and sweet dishes. My best friend and I often get one savory item and one sweet item, when we are out at a restaurant, and share, because everything is so delicious and we want to try it all.
Individual Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding with Pear Compote
A Love and Confections original recipe
Click here for a printable recipe
Individual Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding Ingredients:
– 4 large Eggs
– 5 tablespoons Maple Syrup
– 250 grams Whole Milk
– 250 grams Heavy Cream
– 425 grams leftover Cinnamon Rolls, or any other day-old sweet bread you have, in 1-inch cubes
– 30 grams California Walnuts
– 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Cinnamon Sugar
– 25 grams Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oats
– 25 grams Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
Individual Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding Directions:
1. Prepare 6 ramekins with cooking spray and set aside onto a sheet pan with sides.
2. In a medium-large bowl, whisk the Eggs and Maple Syrup together. Add in the Whole Milk and Heavy Cream, but do not whisk too much, because you do not want to whip the cream.
3. Gently stir the cubed Cinnamon rolls into the milk mixture and allow it to soak up for 10 minutes while you prepare the filling and heat the oven to 350F.
4. In a food processor, pulse the Walnuts, Cinnamon Sugar, Oats and Light Brown Sugar, until the nuts and oats are roughly chopped.
5. Spoon the soaked bread halfway into each ramekin, then sprinkle with the filling. Spoon more soaked bread and repeat with the nut filling.
6. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Around the 25 minute mark, if you notice the bread on top browning too much, place a sheet of foil over the sheet pan and continue cooking. Cool for 10-15 minutes before eating – the bread pudding is extremely hot.
Pear Compote Ingredients:
– 40 grams Unsalted Butter
– 50 grams Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
– 2 tablespoons Bourbon Whiskey, optional but delicious
– 4 tablespoons Pear Juice, or Apple Juice
– 150 grams Woot Froot Pear Slices, diced
Pear Compote Directions:
1. In a medium skillet, heat the Butter, Light Brown Sugar and Cinnamon until the butter and sugar are melted and getting caramelized. Carefully add in the Whiskey while stirring.
2. Add in the Pear Juice followed by the Pears. Cook for 12-15 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and the pears are soft and cooked throughout.
1. Top Bread Pudding with Whipped Cream followed by the Pear Compote. Enjoy!
Thank you for joining us this week – we hope you were inspired by all the #BrunchWeek recipes. Don’t forget to see what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers made today!
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
Flourless Oatmeal Coconut Breakfast Cookies from Take A Bite Out Of Boca.
Pyrizhky z Orikhova Masa from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
Pancake Muffins with Brown Butter Glazed Walnuts from It’s Yummi.
Buttermilk Waffles with Blueberry Compote from Big Bear’s Wife.
Lemon Blackberry Baked Oatmeal from Cooking in Stilettos.
Bacon Pancake Dippers from Making Miracles.
Espresso Banana Oat Bread from Sew You Think You Can Cook.
Oatmeal and Apple Crown Bread from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner.
Pear and Pecan Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole from Love and Confections.
Spring Celebration Birthday Cake from A Day in the Life on the Farm.
Vanilla Yogurt Custard Tartlettes with Roasted Grapes from Taste Cook Sip
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Bob’s Red Mill, Cabot Creamery Cooperative, California Walnuts, Dixie Crystals, Grimmway Farms/Cal-Organic/True Juice, KitchenAid, Le Creuset, Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, Pacari Chocolate, Stonyfield Organic, Vidalia Onions, and Woot Froot for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links.