Welcome to Day 6, the final day of Ice Cream Week 2014! This year the event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We have teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to bring you ice cream treats all week long. I hope you all threw out the scales this week. Better not to look!
I love all things key lime. I’m a Florida girl and growing up in South Miami, there was an abundance of citrus, including key limes. This is one of my all-time favorite flavors and I love creating new recipes using key limes. I recently did a Key Lime Pie Cheesecake for National Cheesecake Day and man was it good!
This milkshake is all the goodness of my beloved key lime pie, but in a drink. Ice cream makes everything better, so there was only one way to make key lime pie better and that is by turning it into Key Lime Pie Ice Cream. It is the perfect amount of tart and sweet for a milkshake and I love the crunchy bits graham cracker crumbs throughout the shake.
Key Lime Pie Milkshake
– 2 scoops Key Lime Pie Ice Cream*
– 2 scoops Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (homemade or store bought)
– Whole Milk (amount depends on desired consistency)
– Whipped Cream (optional garnish)
– Graham Cracker Crumbs (optional garnish)
– Sprinkles (optional garnish
1. Place Key Lime Pie Ice Cream, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Whole Milk in a blender and mix until combined. Pour into glasses and garnish with Whipped Cream, Graham Cracker Crumbs and Sprinkles. Enjoy!
Be sure to visit all of today’s Ice Cream Week Participants:
- Oreo Ice Cream Cake by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Coffee and Donut Sundae by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Pinot Noir Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Triple Peach Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Root Beer Float by My Catholic Kitchen
- Ice Cream Shots by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Ice Cream Sundae with Homemade Hot Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Key Lime Pie Milkshake by Love and Confections
- Caramel Toffee Apple Parfaits by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Orange Creamsicle Float by Noshing with the Nolands
- Gluten Free Baked Alaska by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Toasted Almond and Cherry Ice Cream by The Messy Baker
- Gluten Free Toasted Marshmallow Brownie Batter Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Coconut Ice Cream Snowballs by Mother Would Know
- No Churn Low Carb Zesty Citrus Ice Cream by Yours and Mine are Ours
Our sponsors for the event have provided us with some great prizes. A huge thanks to Cake Boss, Anolon, Microplane, WÜSTHOF, Page Street Publishing and Quarry Spoon. Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen have tossed in a bonus prize of a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker because they think everyone should own one!
- 1 Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine in White
- One Cake Boss Mechanical Ice Cream Scoop with Red Silicone grips
- One Cake Boss 4Pc Ice Cream Bowl Set, Icing Pattern
- One Anolon Advanced Bronze 2 Qt Covered Straining Saucepan with Pour Spout
- One Microplane Herb and Salad Chopper
- One Microplane Premium Classic Grater in White
- One WUSTHOF CLASSIC 9-inch Double Serrated Bread Knife
- One Copy of the Cookbook Making Artisan Gelato by Torrance Kopfer
- One Copy of the Cookbook Everything Goes with Ice Cream by Koralee Teichroeb
- One Copy of the Cookbook Vegan Scoop by Wheeler del Torro
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of the Cookbook Eat More Dessert by Jenny Kellar
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
- One Copy of the Cookbook Scoop Adventures by Lindsay Clendaniel
Disclaimer: I did not receive any product for participating in this event. The #IceCreamWeek Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada residents only. ONE winner will receive ALL the prizes listed. Giveaway ends at midnight on August 31st.