Yay! I am back at #BundtBakers. It has been a while since my last bundt cake. My schedule had been crazy and #ToddlerLnC keeps me very busy. I am so happy that this month’s bundt flavor is lemon. It’s such a bright, Summery flavor. Lemon curd is one of my absolute favorite things to create from lemons, especially when I pair it with delicious Blueberry Sauce for my Lemon Blueberry Crepe. I also use lemon curd to make ice cream, which is incredible!
I try to go to the Farmer’s Market as often as I can. I brought home eggplants, zucchinis, and lots of lemons and limes from my recent trip. I use lemons in cooking, baking and cocktail-making. Homemade Limoncello is on my baking ‘bucket list’, and I have a few ideas for Lemon Layer Cakes as well.
This Lemon Ricotta Cake is not as dense as a pound cake, but heavier than a chiffon cake. I prefer cakes that are a little lighter and more moist, so I will probably re-make this one, with changes, in the future. I decided to top it with a simple dusting of powdered sugar. While I do love frosting and glazes, I thought the powdered sugar would be a nice touch to this month’s cake. You can garnish it however you like. I chose to add some lemon slices and fresh mint. I hope you enjoy a slice.
Lemon Ricotta Bundt Cake Ingredients:
– 2 & 1/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
– 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
– 1 teaspoon Salt
– 3 large Eggs, room temperature
– 1 & 1/4 cups Granulated Sugar
– 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– Zest from 3 Lemons, Juice from 1 Lemon
– 1 cup Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
– 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
– Powdered Sugar for dusting (optional)
– Lemons and Mint for garnish (optional)
Lemon Ricotta Bundt Cake Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350F. Generously spray your bundt pan with baking spray and set aside.
2. Sift the Flour, Baking Powder and Salt together into a bowl and set aside.
3. In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs to break them up. Add in the Olive Oil, Sugar and Lemon Juice and beat until combined. Add in the Ricotta, Lemon Zest and Vanilla Extract and beat until combined.
4. Slowly add the Flour mixture in while on low speed and incorporate. Once mixed, scrape around the sides and bottom with a spatula to insure that everything is mixed properly, then pour into prepared bundt pan.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let it cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then invert onto you serving plate to cool completely. Once cool, dust with Powdered Sugar and garnish with Lemon Slices and Mint. Enjoy!
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!
Here is this month’s Lemon-Flavored Bundt Cakes, hosted by Anne of From My Sweet Heart
- Bee’s Knees Lemon Honey Bundt from Food Lust People Love
- Blueberry-Lemon Breakfast Bundt from Cali’s Cuisine
- Bundt Cake de Limón from La Mejor Manera de Hacer
- Eggless Lemon Bundt Cake from Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Extra Lemon Bundt Cake from Los Chatos Chefs
- Lavender Lemon Cake from Magnolia Days
- Lemon & Lime Cheese Bundt Cake from Un Mordisco Un Pecado
- Lemon Apple Upside Down Bundt Cake from Simply Veggies
- Lemon Basil Bundt Cake from Tartacadabra
- Lemon Bundt Cake from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Lemon Buttermilk Bundt Cake with Tart Lemon Glaze from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Lemon Confetti Bundt Cake from Our Good Life
- Lemon Curd Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze from I Love Bundt Cakes
- Lemon Honey Bundt Cake from Brunch with Joy
- Lemon Marble Bundt Cake from Jenny and Sweets
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake from Liv for Cake
- Lemon Poppy Seeds Bundt Cake from La Cocina de Aisha
- Lemon Poppyseed Bundt from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Rhubarb Bundt Cake from From Gate to Plate
- Lemon Ricotta and Poppyseed Bundt Cake from Spice Roots
- Lemon Ricotta Bundt Cake from Love and Confections
- Lemon-Cranberry Poppyseed Bundt Cake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Mini Limoncello Bundts from Living the Gourmet
- Pink Lemon Pound Cake from Making Miracles
- Pink Lemonade Bundt from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Rhubarb Pound Cake Bundt with Lemon Glaze from Brooklyn Homemaker
- Soft Lemon Rosemary Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Spring Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake from Adventures in All Things Food
- Strawberry Lemonade Bundt Cake from Baking and Creating with Avril
- Sweet Lemon Bundt with Blackberry Glaze from From My Sweet Heart
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board right here.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.