This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AvengersUnite #CollectiveBias
I wasn’t a big comic book fan growing up, and it wasn’t until Mr. L&C, my then boyfriend, got me hooked on all things MARVEL. He worked at a comic book store, regularly read comics and we shared our love of the MARVEL movies: Iron Man 1, 2 & 3, Thor & Thor: The Dark World, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America: The First Avenger & Captain America: The Winter Soldier and The Avengers.
To celebrate the upcoming movie, I hosted a MARVEL’s The Avengers: Age of Ultron party and was able to purchase my party items at Walmart. My friends and I are kids at heart, so they definitely loved dressing up in the MARVEL masks and accessories.
Don’t forget to check out Super Heroes Assemble which is available in the iTunes and Google Play store! With Super Heroes Assemble, turn your phone into a portal to exclusive Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron content. Keep up to date with the latest movie and behind-the-scenes action. Plus, scan Avengers displays at Walmart and Walmart.com to become your favorite Avenger, explore a Hulkbuster training facility in a cool 360 degree interactive space and to bring Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron characters to life with augmented reality.
Even Baby L&C, who wore the Hulk’s signature colors, got in on the fun and loved playing with Thor’s Hammer. Mr. L&C dressed like Captain America, and I wore Iron Man’s signature red and golden yellow colors.
I wanted to create something original for my party and thought a fun backdrop would be great. Mr. L&C and I created a color-blocked wall featuring the MARVEL heroes. We used their signature colors, logos, emblems and pictures and it turned out awesome!
The squares are 12×12 scrapbook paper that I attached print-outs to with double-sided tape. Those squares were then arranged and taped from behind using packing tape. This backdrop is so awesome, I think we are going to keep it hanging up for a while!
Food is always a huge part of my parties – I’m Italian and love to feed people! I used some Avengers party plates and cups we found at Walmart, which went perfectly with all the decorations. We had subs, pasta salad and veggies with hummus. The real treats were the Captain America Gelatin Dessert Cups, Hero Cupcakes, and Hulk Punch.
The dessert cups are perfect for a MARVEL party and can also be used for a patriotic party for Memorial Day or the Fourth of July. The Hero Cupcakes were a mix of chocolate and vanilla, and the frosting was colored like Captain America (red, white and blue), Iron Man (red and yellow) and the Hulk (green and purple).
The Hulk Punch had the perfect green glow for my MARVEL party. It tasted delicious and has Ginger Ale, Pineapple Juice and Lime Drink Mix in it.
Most of our friends had seen the Iron Man and Thor movies, so we opted to watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Of course, we had to have snack food, so I purchased some Avengers branded Dr. Pepper Cherry, Cheez-Its, Doritos and Kellogg’s Fruit Snacks.
Everyone enjoyed the food and movie. We all can’t wait to see the new MARVEL’s The Avengers: Age of Ultron in theaters on May 1st!
I have showed you how we are preparing for MARVEL’s The Avengers: Age of Ultron release with my party plan! What are you planning to do with your friends and family?
Captain America Gelatin Dessert Cups
A Love and Confections original recipe
Click here for a printable recipe
Yield: 25-30 mini dessert cups
Captain America Gelatin Dessert Cup Ingredients:
– 1-3 ounce box Berry Blue Gelatin Dessert
– 6-8 ounces Whipped Topping
– 1-3 ounce box Cherry Gelatin Dessert
– Plastic Dessert cups
Captain America Gelatin Dessert Cup Directions:
1. Prepare the Berry Blue Gelatin Dessert according to the package directions. Divide it evenly among 25-30 small dessert cups using a small ladle. Let it set in the refrigerator a minimum of 3 hours.
2. Place whipped Topping into a piping bag and pipe a thin layer on top of the solid blue gelatin in the dessert cups. Using a spoon or small offset spatula, smooth the layer so it completely covers the bottom blue layer and there are not holes. Freeze the dessert cups for 1 hour, or until the Whipped Topping is firm.
3. Prepare the Cherry Gelatin Dessert according to the package directions. Carefully divide it evenly among the dessert cups using a small ladle. Let it set in the refrigerator a minimum of 3 hours before serving. Enjoy!
Adapted from Betty Crocker
Click here for a printable recipe
recipe can be doubled for larger parties
Hulk Punch Ingredients:
– 1 cup Granulated Sugar
– 1 package Lime-Flavored Unsweetened Drink Mix (.13 oz)
– 4 cups warm Water
– 23 ounces Pineapple Juice
– 2 cups chilled Ginger Ale
Hulk Punch Directions:
1. In a large pitcher, stir together the Sugar and Lime Drink Mix. Add in the warm water and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Add in the Pineapple Juice and Ginger Ale and stir to combine. Chill for at least 3 hours before serving. If necessary, stir again right before serving.
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!
Thank you David, Jessica, Doug, Theresa, Josh, Tyler, Jordan and Laura for joining in on the fun – hope you had a blast celebrating The Avengers with me!
We had a blast! Everything was delicious! Thanks for inviting us!! ❤️
Summer @ Banana Hammocks & Tutus says
My son and I have been having a progressive movie marathon with these movies. We had to start from the beginning because the only movies I had seen were the Iron Man movies. I LOVED Captain America: Winter Soldier SO MUCH! I can't wait to see The Avengers: Age of Ultron this weekend! #client