This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItAMovieNight #CollectiveBias
Mr. L&C and I don’t get to the movies often, now that we have a toddler. We love having fun movie nights at home after she goes to bed. I love creating a theme around our movies, and Hotel Transylvania 2 was the perfect time to create some fun concession-style treats with a twist.
I love all types of popcorn, especially the sweet-salty combination, and chocolate covered popcorn is always a welcome treat. Mr. L&C and I like different kinds of chocolate and candies, so I customized our bark. I spread M&M’S® Chocolate Candies over all the chocolate, and sprinkled unsweetened coconut flakes on his portion. Mine was a bit more colorful, with sprinkles and candy eyes. It was boo-tiful! (see what I did there?)
Coca-Cola is always part of our movie nights out, so I grabbed a 6-pack from Walmart, while I was gathering the rest of the ingredients for our monster munchies! Coca-Cola Floats, Coca-cola Cupcakes, and even Coca-Cola Pulled Pork are also fun ways to incorporate your favorite drink for a movie night in!
Grab your own copy of Hotel Transylvania 2 for a fun date night and you can get a $10 movie code by email (While supplies last. Limit 1 per person). Here’s how:
Buy all four of the following participating products in 1 transaction between now and 2/2/2016.
– Hotel Transylvania 2
– Orville Redenbacher Popcorn
– Milk Chocolate and Peanut M&M’S® Chocolate Candies and
– A Coca-Cola 6-pack
Snap a picture of your receipt and visit uploadreceipt.com/movienight to submit your receipt by 2/9/2016.
– 1/2 – 1 cup Milk Chocolate Bark, chopped
– 1-2 teaspoons virgin Coconut Oil
– 1/4 -1/2 cup M&M’S® Chocolate Candies
– 1/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
– Colored Sprinkles
– Candy Eyes
1. In a heatproof measuring cup or bowl, melt the Chocolate Bark for 1 minute. Stir then add in the Coconut Oil and heat in 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is smooth.
2. Place a large piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet with sides (jellyroll pan). Slowly pour the hot chocolate onto the wax paper and with an offset spatula, smooth it into an even layer. Do not go all the way to the sides, leave at least 1 inch.
3. Quickly, because the chocolate will set fast, sprinkle on the M&M’S® Chocolate Candies, Coconut, Sprinkles, and gently place the Candy Eyes on the bark. Leave at room temperature to set, or refrigerate until set.
4. Cut with a sharp knife. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
– 1 bag Orville Redenbacher Movie Theater Butter Pop Up Bowl
– 1/2 cup White Chocolate Candy Bark
– 1 teaspoon virgin Coconut Oil
– Purple Gel Food Coloring
– M&M’S® Chocolate Candies, optional
1. Cook Popcorn according to package directions, and distribute between two bowls
2. In a heatproof measuring cup or bowl, melt the White Chocolate Bark for 1 minutes, Stir then add in the Coconut Oil and heat in 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is smooth. Stir in the Gel Food Coloring to your liking.
3. Place chocolate into a piping bag, or zip top bag. Cut a small hole at the point and drizzle chocolate over the popcorn. Top with M&M’S® Chocolate Candies or other toppings. Serve immediately and enjoy!