This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SandwichWithTheBest #CollectiveBias
I first fell in love with the traditional Monte Cristo back in college. My friends and I frequented a restaurant, and the Monte Cristo was always the menu item I chose. While I love the traditional sandwich and its flavors, I don’t always have the time to fry it, like the original. My grilled cheese version is much easier and even more delicious.
You can’t start a sandwich without quality bread, like Pepperidge Farm® from Walmart. I love Farmhouse Oatmeal bread because it is hearty, delicious and uses wholesome ingredients. Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham is slow roasted for hours, has the perfect amount of sweetness with premium quality honey, and has no artificial flavors or by-products.
Did you know you can use Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise on the outside of your bread to make a perfect grilled cheese sandwich? Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise is made with real, simple ingredients, like eggs, oil, and vinegar. I love using Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise to amp up my sandwiches by mixing it with fun flavors too.
Swiss cheese is one of those cheeses I have to be in the mood for. I like it on Monte Cristo sandwiches and prefer Lacey Swiss or Baby Swiss for their milder flavor. You can use whichever kind of Swiss Cheese you like best.
I always serve my Monte Cristo sandwiches with either a raspberry jam or raspberry sauce. The tart-sweet combination works perfectly with the savory sandwich. Dust with powdered sugar for a restaurant-worthy presentation!
Monte Cristo Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are perfect for a weeknight when you are in a time-crunch but want a delicious meal. Here are more creative sandwich ideas from Pepperidge Farm®.
Monte Cristo Grilled Cheese
By Love and Confections
- 2 slices Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse™ Oatmeal bread
- 4 teaspoons Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise
- 3 slices Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham
- 3 slices Swiss Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Seedless Raspberry Ham, accompaniment
- 2 teaspoons Powdered Sugar, optional garnish
- Heat skillet on medium. Spread 1 teaspoon Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise on each side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice of bread it he skillet and top with 1 1/2 slices of Swiss Cheese, followed by the 3 slices of Ham and the remaining 1 1/2 slices of Swiss. Top with remaining bread
- Cook until golden brown, then using a spatula, flip so the other side of the sandwich can brown.
- Slice, serve with raspberry jam, and dust with powdered sugar
Yield: 1 Sandwich
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 02 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 04 mins.
Total time: 6 mins.