This recipe can be made with either, so whatever you have on hand is fine. I would definitely recommend warming up some leftover cobbler and topping it with No-Churn Blueberry Cobbler Ice Cream! There is nothing better than warm cobbler with cold ice cream! Hope you enjoy this easy to make treat!
No-Churn Blueberry Cobbler Ice Cream
By Love and Confections
Blueberry Cobbler Ingredients
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
No-Churn Ice Cream Ingredients
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups prepared cobbler, broken into bite-sized pieces
- Heat oven to 375F. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In baking dish, combine blueberries, 2 tablespoons sugar and orange juice, then set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt, then set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment or in a medium bowl with a hand mixer, cream butter and granulated sugar for 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl then add egg and vanilla extract. Combine and scrape down sides as needed.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture while on low speed. Mix until just combined, then evenly cover the blueberries with dollops of batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the cobbler topping is golden brown. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until well chilled.
- In bowl of stand mixer with whisk attachment or in medium bowl with hand mixer, whip heavy cream and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly fold in sweetened condensed milk. Fold in 1 cup cobbler.
- In loaf pan, place half of the ice cream mixture in, then top with 1/2 cup cobbler and swirl with knife. Top with remaining ice cream mixture and repeat with remaining 1/2 cup cobbler.
- Place plastic wrap over surface of ice cream and freeze minimum 6 hours, or overnight.
Yield: 6 cups/1 loaf pan
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 40 mins.
Chill time: 06 hrs.