Welcome to #cookieweek! Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen and Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic have joined together this week with 23 of their blog friends to present to you a week of cookie treats! We have every type of cookie you can think of listed this week, including something for our furry friends! Now is the time to bookmark these recipes for the upcoming holidays and cookie swaps or simply visit our Pinterest board! Make sure you enter the giveaway with some fabulous prizes fromKitchenAid, King Arthur Flour, OXO, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane Sugar to help with your cookie making needs!
My Uncle introduced me to these cookies a few years ago around the holidays. O-M-G! One bite and I was hooked. I totally understand why a few batches are made every year. They disappear so fast.
These cookies are great freshly made and at room temperature, but boy oh boy, try them straight from the freezer and its heavenly. They freeze perfectly, so these cookies can be made ahead well before your holiday celebrations.
adapted from Pillsbury
yield roughly 24 cookies
Nutmeg Log Ingredients:
– 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted Butter, room temperature
– 3/4 cup granulated Sugar
– 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
– 2 teaspoons Imitation Rum Flavoring
– 1 large Egg, room temperature
– 3 cups All Purpose Flour
– 1 teaspoon ground Nutmeg, fresh if available
– 1/2 teaspoon Salt
Nutmeg Log Directions:
– Heat oven to 350F
– Combine Butter, Sugar, Vanilla Extract and Rum Flavoring in the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
– Once combined, add in the Egg. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is mixed together.
– Add in the Flour, Nutmeg and Salt. Mix to combine.
– Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out batter and roll dough, with your hands, into 3 inch logs
– Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 12-15 minutes. Cool on wire rack completely, then frost.
– 3 tablespoons unsalted Butter
– 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
– 1/2 teaspoon Imitation Rum Flavoring
– 2 cups Powdered Sugar, sifted
– 3-5 tablespoons Heavy Cream
– ground Nutmeg for garnish, fresh if available
– Slowly add in the Powdered Sugar.
– Add the Heavy Cream, one tablespoon at a time, until desired spreadable consistency.
– Spread a small amount on cookie, working with only a few at a time so it doesn’t dry too fast, then sprinkle on Nutmeg.
– Can be stored at room temperature in a container for 3 days, in the refrigerator for up to a week, but best stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a month.
Four lucky winners will win one of the following:
Prize #1: 1 (one) KitchenAid 9-Speed Hand Mixer plus 1 (one) 4lb bag of Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
Prize #2: 1 (one) OXO gift set including the following: 1 (one) 3-in-1 Egg Separator, 1(one) Cookie Press, 1(one) Autumn Cookie Disk Set, 1(one) 3 piece Cookie Cutter Set, 1(one) Bowl Scraper, 1(one) 2 Cup Adjustable Measuring Cups
Prize #3: 1 (one) King Arthur Flour gift set including the following: 1(one) King Arthur Unbleached All Purpose Flour -5lb bag, 1(one) Snowflake Cookie Cutter Set, 1(one) King Arthur Flour Pure Vanilla Extract, 1(one) Sparkling Sugar Collection, 1(one) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Wafers – 16oz and 1(one) 4lb bag of Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
Prize #4: 1 (one) Silpat Halfsize Mat and 1(one) 4lb bag Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
This giveaway is open to US residents from November 11, 2013 through November 16, 2013 11:59pm EST and will be picked from random draw. The winners will be notified via email and have 72 hours to respond, if not their prize is forfeited and another winner will be chosen.
How to Enter:
- Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment with your favorite cookie to bake during the holidays or for cookie swaps.
- Many more ways to enter in the rafflecopter widget!
Disclaimer: KitchenAid, OXO, King Arthur Flour, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane are providing the prizes free of charge. All opinions stated are my own.
Also check out the rest of the #CookieWeek participants and their yummy cookies today!
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!