#BrunchWeek is finally here! Welcome to the second annual BrunchWeek. I am so excited to have Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen as my co-host this year! Join us May 5th through 11th while we celebrate the deliciousness of brunch and to prepare for Mother’s Day and summer brunching season. We have 32 bloggers bringing you their best brunch recipes, from cocktails to eggs benedict to donuts; there is something for everything this week.
Earlier this week I posted the perfect Frozen Peach Bellini and Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal. I love citrus in cake. There’s something about it that just brightens up the cake and makes it feel special. Oranges are definitely a go-to citrus for me. Heck, I love anything citrus – oranges, lemons, limes, you name it.
Bonne Maman sent all the BrunchWeek Food Bloggers a variety of their jam and marmalade, including Orange Marmalade, Muscat Grape Jelly, Fig Preserves Mixed Berry and Apricot Preserves to name a few. I can’t wait to try the rest of the flavor soon!
This is an adaptation of my Aunt B’s Pound Cake I posted last week. It truly is a delicious cake that I love to eat and it is great for adding different ingredients to spice things up. This pound cake freezes beautifully, you just need to thaw it and then glaze it before serving. Happy brunching!
Orange Marmalade Pound Cake
adaptation of a Love and Confection Family recipe
Pound Cake Ingredients:
– 2 sticks Unsalted Butter, room temperature
– 3 cups Granulated Sugar
– 7 Eggs, room temperature
– 1 cup Sour Cream
– 1 tablespoon Orange Zest
– 3 tablespoons Bonne Maman Orange Marmalade
– 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
– 3 cups All Purpose Flour
– 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
– 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
– 1 teaspoon Salt
For the Glaze:
– 1 cup Powdered Sugar, possibly more depending on how thick you like your glaze
– 1 tablespoon Orange Zest
– Juice from 1/2 Orange, actual measure depends on how much juice is in the orange and how thick you like your glaze. I generally start with 1 tablespoon, then add a teaspoon at a time, until I get the desired consistency.
Pound Cake Directions:
– Heat oven to 300F. Grease and flour 3 loaf pans or 3 9-inch round cake pans.
– In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the Butter and Sugar together for 10 minutes, until light and fluffy.
– While on a low speed, add in the Eggs, one at a time, scraping the sides as needed.
– Add in the Sour Cream, Orange Zest, Orange Marmalade and Vanilla Extract; mix to combine.
– Sift together the Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Salt. Add into the egg mixture gradually.
– Divide mix evenly between 3 loaf pans and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
– To make the glaze: combine the Powdered Sugar, Orange Juice and Orange Zest. Pour over cooled cake and enjoy!
Here are more #Brunchweek recipes for today, come back tomorrow to see some other great recipes too!
- Raspberry-Mango Batido from Foxes Love Lemons
- Blackberry Mimosas from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
Brunch Egg Dishes:
- Spinach Bell Pepper Frittata from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Corn Souffle from Hungry Couple
- Croque Madame Muffins from Cooking in Stilettos
- Fajita Vegetable Quesadillas with Eggs and Avocado Hollandaise from Sarcastic Cooking
- Bacon, Cheddar, Zucchini Quiche from The Kitchen Prep
- Tortilla Espanola from Savvy Eats
Brunch Breads and Grains:
- Blueberry Cornmeal Waffles from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Busy Bee’s Granola from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Dipped Banana Hazelnut Pancake Kebabs from Food Faith Fitness
- Springtime Sweet Rolls from Eat Your Heart Out
- 10 Minute English Muffin Cream Cheese Danish from Neighborfood
- Lemon Poppyseed Scones from Real Housemoms
- Apple Croissants from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fig and Oatmeal Breakfast Bar from My Catholic Kitchen
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
Brunch Fruits, Vegetables, Sides:
- Roasted Beet Salad with Pistachios and Blue Cheese from Healthy. Delicious.
- Caramelized Onion, Apple and Gruyere Bites from Take a Bite out of Boca
- Savory Truffles from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Orange Marmalade Pound Cake from Love and Confections
- Hazelnut-Blackberry Cottage Pudding from The Vintage Cook
- Surprise Inside Orange Pound Cake from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Strawberry Hazelnut Crumble with Coconut Whipped Cream from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Corn Fritter Shortcakes with Maple Whipped Cream from The Spiffy Cookie
Go here to see all the amazing prizes up for grabs during #Brunchweek!
California Walnuts, Bob’s Red Mill, Oxo, Dixie Crystals, Whole Foods Market Doctor Phillips, Grimmway Farms, Woot Froot, Vidalia Onion, Baloian Farms, Stemilt and Bonne Maman are providing the prizes free of charge. I have received product from Bonne Maman and OXO to use for #Brunchweek. All opinions stated are my own.
Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness says
I love how you incorporated the orange marmalade into this delicious cake! Pound cake can do wrong in my book, and my momma would love this! Pinned!
Dianna M. says
I seriously love pound cake. Such a classic, and such a crowd-pleaser at the same time. And how awesome is it that you can freeze this baby? Time saver! Looks like a keeper. 🙂
Amy Lee Scott says
Terri, this is SO gorgeous! I love pound cakes of any kind and bet that marmalade gives it such a bright, cheery flavor. Brunch week should be every week, by the way 🙂
Amy | Club Narwhal
Liz Berg says
Oh, my orange cake loving family would love your pound cake! And I just happen to have some wonderful Bonne Maman orange marmalade in my fridge 🙂
Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons says
I'm definitely on the citrus cake bandwagon, and I especially love pound cakes made with sour cream. I'm going to have to pick up a jar of Bonne Mamam orange marmalade and get to work!
Oh my gosh, that looks amazing, Terri!
Alice // Hip Foodie Mom says
Pound cake and Orange Marmalade?!! oh my gawd, yes! Looks sooooo good!
Chelsea Lords says
I love citrus cakes! And orange marmalade is one of my favorites! I just made a dip with orange marmalade – now I need to get Bonne Maman's and try this cake!
Veronica Gantley says
Goodness gracious!! This looks amazing! I will definitely want to try this over the summer for sure
Shaina Wizov says
Your cake looks perfect! I'm not much for orange flavor desserts, but this cake looks too good to pass up