So I jumped on the Chia bandwagon and am trying it out. They’re all the rage right now and all over the internet – it’s like the new bacon or kale. You can eat it as it, hydrate it or bake with it.
Chia seeds have a bunch of health benefits too. They are full of Omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, calcium, protein and they are being studied to help regulate blood sugar to name a few.
I’m still on the fence about them, though. They don’t have much taste and feel like a toothy tapioca when made into a pudding. I have a whole bag so I’m definitely going to experiment some more.
Overnight Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
a Love and Confections original, inspired by a bunch of recipes online
Overnight Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding Ingredients:
– 1/2 cup Whole Milk (you can use Coconut or Almond Milk also)
– 1 tablespoon Honey
– 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
– 1.5 tablespoons Chia Seeds
– 1/2 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
Overnight Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding:
– Place all ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and whisk together or shake to combine. Refrigerate overnight. Stir before eating. Enjoy
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!