I have never made pignoli and now I can cross them off my baking bucket list. Do you have one of those? A list of things you want to cook or bake? I have a huge list and love crossing off items, like these pignoli.
Most of the recipes I have encountered use almond paste as the main ingredient. I love using pine nuts in savory recipes, like pesto and hummus. Cookies with pine nuts are so delicious and have such a great flavor. I opted to dust it with powdered sugar, because it not only looks beautiful, but gives it an extra little sweetness.
There is a very well known Italian bakery that doesn’t use almond paste, and I eventually want to try their recipe soon. For now, I baked this version and hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Tools to use:
By adapted from TasteofHome.com
- 12 ounces almond paste
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pine nuts
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 350F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat almond paste and sugar until crumbly. Beat in egg whites then gradually add in confectioners’ sugar. Mix well, scraping down sides of bowl if necessary.
- Place pine nuts in a shallow bowl. Using a q tablespoon cookie scoop, roll dough into balls. Roll balls into pine nuts then place on baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until lightly browned
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!
- Candied Ginger Shortbread by Palatable Pastime
- Caramel-Stuffed Snickerdoodles by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Cake Mix Christmas M&M Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Cookies by Frugal Pantry
- Cinnamon Cranberry Pudding Cookies by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Coffee Shortbread Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Coffee-Kissed Pizzelle by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Dark Chocolate Dipped Orange Biscotti by Making the Most of Naptime
- Easy Bourbon Cherry Chocolate Press Cookies by Girl Abroad
- Gingerdoodles by Making Miracles
- Ginger Chocolate Chip Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Mexican Chocolate Chip Crinkle Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Peppermint Sandies by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Pignoli Cookies by Love and Confections
- Place Setting Sugar Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Santa’s Chocolate Chip Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Santa’s Thumbprint Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Soft Cinnamon Sugar Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes