Pumpkin Pecan Monkey Bread combines buttery biscuits, pumpkin puree, crunchy pecans, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar in a decadent Fall treat the whole family will love.
I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
What is Monkey Bread?
Monkey Bread, either from scratch or semi-homemade, are balls of dough or biscuits that are coated in cinnamon sugar, arranged in a bundt pan, topped with a brown sugar butter sauce, and baked to gooey deliciousness. Monkey bread is great for breakfast, a snack or dessert. We usually have monkey bread or cinnamon rolls for brunch or special occasions.
I like to enjoy Pumpkin Pecan Monkey Bread warm, with a hot cup of coffee. Alternatively, top this monkey bread with vanilla bean ice cream, caramel sauce and toasted pecans for a sinfully delicious Fall dessert.
Monkey Bread Biscuits or dough:
I chose the semi-homemade route with this monkey bread, using flaky biscuits cut into quarters. It is definitely a time saver when you’re feeding a hungry crowd. Sally’s Baking Addiction has a great recipe for monkey bread using a yeast-based homemade dough. Once the biscuits were cut, I coated them in a mixture of sugar, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Some recipes say you can just dump the biscuits into a zip-top bag and coat that way, but instead I placed my sugar-spice mixture into a bowl for coating.
Pumpkin Brown Sugar Sauce:
The traditional flavors for monkey bread are cinnamon, butter and brown sugar. I went one step further and added both pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Cabot butter is a staple in my house. I use it not only for my blog, but also when cooking meals for my family.
I can’t begin to tell you how good my kitchen smelled as this was baking. It was hard having to wait for it to cool down enough for a taste. Pecans added a nice texture and were spread throughout the monkey bread. You can also top it with some extra toasted pecans before serving.
Tools, Tips & Tricks for Pumpkin Pecan Monkey Bread:
- Make sure your bundt pan is well greased.
- If you let the monkey bread cool too long, it will stick to the pan when trying to release it.
- Here is one of my favorite bundt pans for monkey bread.
- You can use either light brown sugar or dark brown sugar however, dark brown sugar will have more of a rich molasses flavor.
Pumpkin Pecan Monkey Bread
Pumpkin Spice Biscuits
- 2 cans Grands Flaky Biscuits
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Pumpkin Spice Sauce
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Cabot unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Pumpkin Spice Biscuits
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease bundt pan with butter or cooking spray. Place 1/3 of the pecans in the bottom of the bundt pan
- Whisk together sugar, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon in medium bowl. Quarter biscuits and roll pieces into sugar-spice mixture. Layer biscuit pieces in bundt pan, sprinkling remaining pecans between biscuits, until all biscuit pieces and pecans are used.
- Place bundt pan on half-sheet tray, to prevent the mixture from overflowing.
Pumpkin Spice Sauce
- In small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, spices and pumpkin. Stir until butter is completely melted and mixture is combined. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Gently pour or spoon pumpkin spice sauce over the biscuit pieces, trying to coat/cover each one.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, then carefully turn over onto rimmed serving plate. Be careful when turning over, so as not to burn yourself with the hot butter sugar sauce. Serve immediately.
Enjoy these #PumpkinWeek recipes from our bloggers:
Boozy Pumpkin Party Punch from The Crumby Kitchen
Easy Pumpkin Smoothie from Red Cottage Chronicles
Pumpkin Fizzy from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Pumpkin Pie Milkshake from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Pumpkin Breakfasts & Baked Goods:
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls from Jen Around the World
Pumpkin Donut Cake from Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats
Pumpkin Pecan Monkey Bread from Love & Confections
Pumpkin Shakshuka from Food Above Gold
Savory Pumpkin Recipes:
Pumpkin Gnocchi from Palatable Pastime
Vegan Savory Stuffed Mini Pumpkins from The Baking Fairy
Fall is in the air, and we are celebrating our love of pumpkin with #PumpkinWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. All week-long 34 bloggers will be sharing 140+ fantastic recipes for all your Autumn celebrations, including breakfasts, baked goods, savory pumpkin recipes, desserts, and drinks. Thank you sponsors for providing the prize packages. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
PRIZE #1 DIXIE CRYSTALS
Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a Marble Rolling Pin and Board Set.
Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South’s choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners. For generations, Dixie Crystals has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations. Our pure cane, non-GMO sugar products guarantee that treasured family recipes will turn out right every time. Bake with love and Dixie Crystals.
PRIZE#2 SWEETS & TREATS
We believe in flavor for all and opportunity for all. In the beginning, Rinaldo and Ezilda Torre visited family in Lucca, Italy. They returned home to San Francisco with handwritten recipes, which they used to create authentic flavored syrups. Needless to say, the syrups we’re a hit. A lot has happened since then, but our belief has remained the same: Flavor for All, Opportunity for All. It means that not only are the products we make inclusive and approachable, but so is our success. We believe everything starts with people, and the only way to truly succeed is to succeed together. Today, you can use more than 100 of our naturally flavored syrups, sauces and beverage bases in coffees, sodas, teas, smoothies, cocktails and more.
PRIZE#4 CABOT CREAMERY CO-OPERATIVE
Cabot is giving one winner a gift box of assorted Cabot cheeses.
The farm families that own Cabot Creamery Co-operative love what they do. And they’ve been doing it for a long time—every single day since 1919. Almost 100 years later, we’re proud of our thriving farms, strong communities, and happy, healthy cows that produce the rich, buttery milk that we use to make Cabot’s award-winning cheese and dairy products. We like to think those awards mean we’re doing something right. Of course, you’re a big part of this too. If you love eating our cheese as much as we love making it, then we’ll get to keep doing what we do for generations to come.
Thank you to #PumpkinWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Sweets & Treats, Torani, and Cabot Creamery Co-operative for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #PumpkinWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning.
Four (4) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond once chosen, or they forfeit the prize and alternate winner(s) will be chosen. The #PumpkinWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #PumpkinWeek posts or entry.