It’s Oscar night! Roll out the red carpet, get your hair done and put on some heels, because we are going to the Academy Awards. Well, not really, but that would be totally awesome! I love the Oscars and not just because I was a film major in college. Watching movies is one of my favorite pastimes. We had movie nights often when I was growing up and I remember curling up on the couch with a blanket and some kind of snack while we watched a movie as a family.
I still curl up on the couch, under a blanket, with some sweet or savory snack and watch movies with Mr. L&C. We love movie dates and always watch the Academy Awards together. Every year we print out a ballot and make a game of trying to guess the winners – Mr. L&C and I are very competitive.
Movies are synonymous with popcorn, soda and boxes of candy. I decided to make our Oscar viewing party a little more upscale this year. Raspberry Brie Bites are one of my all-time favorite appetizers and they are so easy to make. You can even drizzle them with a balsamic reduction for a more savory option, or some chocolate sauce to make them sweeter. The possibilities are endless. Grab yourself some champagne, Raspberry Brie Bites and enjoy!
A Love and Confection original recipe
Click here for a printable recipe
Raspberry Brie Bite Ingredients:
– 2 packages of Mini Phyllo Shells, 30 total
– 1/2 pound Brie
– 5 tablespoons Seedless Raspberry Jam
Raspberry Brie Bite Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350F. Place frozen Phyllo Shells onto baking sheet with sides.
2. Cut rind off of Brie and cube into 1/2 inch pieces. Place one piece in the middle of each Phyllo Shell. Scoop 1/2 teaspoon of Seedless Raspberry Jam into each Phyllo Shell.
3. Bake for 5-8 minutes, or until the cheese is warm and melted. Enjoy!
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!
Nominees for Best Supporting Appetizers:
- Beef Sliders with Sautéed Mushrooms, Onions, Bleu Cheese and Bacon by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Black and White Olive Cheese Puffs by Peaceful Cooking
- Cheddar Olives by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chicken Boursin by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Citrus Avocado Shrimp Cocktail by Seduction in the Kitchen
- French Onion Sliders by Momma’s Meals
- Herbed Butter and Cheese Popcorn by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Italian Guacamole with Pesto by Food Done Light
- Lobster Bruschetta by The Texan New Yorker
- Melon and Prosciutto Skewers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Cheese Balls by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Moroccan Beef Kefta Briouat by Manu’s Menu
- Mushroom Pate by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Oysters Rockfeller by Noshing With The Nolands
- Pea Pesto Crostini by Ruffles & Truffes
- Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp by Casa de Crews
- Raspberry Brie Bites by Love and Confections
- Roasted Red Pepper Pinwheels by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoked Trout Stuffed Baby New Potatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Sweet Chili Chicken Skewers by Nosh My Way
Nominees for Best Course in a Leading Role:
- Broccoli Calzones by eating in instead
- Bow Ties and Tails Galore by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Oscar by Palatable Pastime
- Indulgent Lobster-Champagne Risotto by The Weekend Gourmet
- Oscar Worthy Cantonese Lobster with Coconut-Ginger Rice by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Nominees for Best Supporting Sips:
- Apple Ginger Martini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Blood Orange Rosemary Spritzer by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cherry Almond Sparklers by Magnolia Days
- Iced Espresso Martini by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mixed Berry Martini by The Messy Baker
- Oscartini by Family Foodie
- Red Carpet Sparkler by Rhubarb and Honey
- Thank You Peary Much by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Nominees for Best Delectable Desserts:
- 7-Layer Bark by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Caramel-Almond Latte Ricotta Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Champagne Truffles by Brunch with Joy
- Chocolate Covered Cherries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Decadent Flourless Brownies by Recipe for Perfection
- Edible Oscars Envelopes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumble Peanut Butter Mousse Parfait Cups by Wallflour Girl
- Imitation Game Guinness Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Strawberry Galette by Basic N Delicious
- Mini Strawberry & Chocolate Cheesecakes by Happy Baking Days
- No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Popcorn Puppy Chow by Pies and Plots
- Sweet and Salty Popcorn Ball Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Tuxedo Cake by The Redhead Baker
Nominees for Best Dressed Table:
- DIY Glitter Vases by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.