This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of Influencer Activation for Influence Central.
The weather this Summer is quite warm, with days in the mid-90s recently. We have been doing a good amount of grilling and hanging out by the pool. I love using seasonal ingredients and Summer in Florida is one of my favorite seasons for fresh Florida food.
Skillet Sweet Corn Blueberry Cornbread
By Love and Confections
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup Florida Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup cooked Florida Sweet Corn Kernels
- Pour vegetable oil into cast iron skillet. Place skillet into cold oven, then heat to 400F, making sure the oil is hot. Once hot, take out of the oven and using a pastry brush, brush the bottom and sides of the cast iron skillet to coat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cornmeal, 1 cup of flour, baking powder, salt, and granulated sugar.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and butter together. Pour into dry ingredients and mix to combine. In another bowl, add the blueberries, corn, and 2 tablespoons flour. Toss to combine, then gently fold into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the hot cast iron skillet and level the top with a spatula. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the cornbread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Total time: 50 mins.
Tags: Skillet Sweet Corn Blueberry Cornbread, Fresh from Florida, Florida Department of Agriculture, Sweet Corn, Cornbread, Blueberries, Skillet, Cast Iron
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!