Saint Patrick’s Day Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake is a delicious treat perfect for any green celebration. A fun shamrock sprinkle mix decorates the chocolate-coated glass. Sprinkle some extra on top of the freshly whipped cream for a milkshake fit for a leprechaun!
This recipe was created for and sponsored by Florida Dairy Farmers. All opinions are my own.
Milkshakes are one of my favorite frozen treats, and these Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshakes get an extra dose of holiday cheer with a festive sprinkle mix. Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshakes are the an easy treat to make for Saint Patrick’s Day. They are family-friendly, because green beer and Irish Cream Liqueur are definitely not for the kiddos. Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshakes will make them feel like they are part of the celebration too.
I used dark chocolate coating wafers for dipping the glasses. They are in the baking section of local craft stores. Some bulk food stores carry them as well. Feel free to use milk chocolate or white chocolate, but I personally think the dark chocolate makes the sprinkles stand out more.
Speaking of sprinkles, I love fun sprinkle mixes and they totally make the dessert. I love the different shades of greens, touches of white, and colored pearl sprinkles in this one that Sweets & Treats gave me. Sprinkles definitely take this milkshake over the top.
What you need for Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshakes:
- mason jars
- dark chocolate coating wafers
- shamrock sprinkle mix
- green and gold paper straws
- Wilton 1M piping tip and piping bag
Mason jars are in most grocery stores, Target and online. Dark chocolate coating wafers and the Wilton 1M piping tip and piping bags can be found in craft stores. I received my sprinkle mix from Sweets & Treats online store, as well as some green straws. Paper straws are common in most craft stores, although a better selection is usually available online.
I found those cute little cauldrons in the dollar section of my Target after Halloween. These cauldrons are so cute and great for both Saint Patrick’s Day and Halloween! I filled them with little gold coin sprinkle quins, but they can also be filled with chocolate gold coins for a festive touch.
St. Patrick’s Day Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshakes
- 1/4 cup melted dark chocolate candy melting wafers
- St. Patrick’s Day shamrock sprinkle mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Mint Green gel food color, optional
- Freshly Whipped Cream
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Dip rims of glasses into chocolate then immediately sprinkle with shamrock sprinkle mix. Refrigerate 5-10 minutes.
- In high-powered blender, combine milk, ice cream and a few drops of mint green food color. Blend until combined. Pour into glasses, top with freshly whipped cream and more sprinkles.
I am honored to work with Florida Dairy Farmers. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Love and Confections possible.
Leave a Reply