This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SplashofDelight #CollectiveBias
I knew my next version had to be unique and loved having the opportunity to use International Delight® Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream half gallon, from Walmart, as one of the “three milks”. I knew I wanted to create a twist on my traditional cake and International Delight® was just what I was looking for in my Tres Leches. I love looking at all the fun flavors – there are over 30!
I also picked up a half gallon of International Delight® French Vanilla, which is sweet and mellow, is my go-to for my morning cup of coffee. The half-gallon container is much easier to hold than conventional carton packaging too, making my mornings easier and tastier. I might switch it up next time and try the International Delight® Caramel Macchiato, it sounds so delicious – creamy richness swirled with luscious caramel is right up my alley! I chose International Delight® Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream because it is rich, delicious and reminiscent of homemade ice cream – the perfect flavor for my cake – especially because I topped it with whipped cream and colorful sprinkles. It’s almost like a cake sundae, and who wouldn’t want that?
I hope you enjoy my Tres Leches and more delicious and unique recipes and baked goods using International Delight®!
Sweet Cream Tres Leches
By Love and Confections
- 1 box white cake mix
- Vegetable oil
- Egg whites
- 12-ounce can Evaporated Milk
- 14-ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 8 ounces International Delight® Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream
- 11/2 cups Heavy Cream, very cold
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Heat oven to 350F. Prepare a 9×13 pan with baking spray and set aside. Mix and bake cake according to package directions. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Using a toothpick or skewer, poke holes all around the cake.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk, condensed milk and International Delight® Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream. Slowly ladle the mixture all over the cake, trying to get as much into the holes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate a minimum 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- 30 minutes before making the topping, place the bowl and whisk attachment from your stand mixer into the freezer. Whip the Heavy Cream on medium-high, until it starts to thicken and form soft peaks. Add in the Vanilla Extract and combine. Slowly add in the Powdered Sugar while the mixer is on low. Once it is incorporated, mix on high to whip until firm peaks.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator and spread the whipped topping on with an offset spatula. The cake needs to remain refrigerated and covered because of the whipped topping. If necessary, use toothpicks on the cake so the plastic wrap does not touch the whipped topping. If not serving immediately, store in the refrigerator and do not put the sprinkles on until right before serving.
Yield: 24 servings
Prep Time: 6 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 35 mins.
Total time: 6 hrs. 50 mins.
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTION!
I think the sprinkles on top make it look like the perfect birthday cake. Now I need to go make one. #client
Lane & Holly @ With Two Spoons says
This cake looks fabulous! I love the festive sprinkles!
My oh my that sheet-cake looks fabulous! That and a cup of coffee is all I need 😀