This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
I chose a savory dish for day 2 of #BrunchWeek hosted by Me – Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. Our amazing Sponsors have donated some great prizes for the #BrunchWeek giveaway.
Pizza is an all-time favorite of mine, because there are so many different combinations you could have. I have wanted to make a breakfast pizza for a while and knew #BrunchWeek would be the perfect time to post. This pizza had to be extra special for this week, and luckily we have Michigan Asparagus and Red Star Yeast as sponsors this year.
I used an ricotta with herbs and cheese as a base, sliced asparagus, eggs and prosciutto to top it off. It is the perfect bite of crunchy, creamy, salty, gooey – basically everything you want in a good pizza. The crust uses Red Star Yeast Platinum Yeast, which gives it a great rise. The recipe I used makes enough dough for 2 pizzas, so I froze the second one for later.
Asparagus, Egg & Prosciutto Brunch Pizza
By Love and Confections, dough recipe from Red Star Yeast
- Red Star Yeast Pizza Crust Recipe, makes 2 pizzas
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup thinly sliced Michigan Asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 6-8 thin slices of prosciutto
- Heat oven to 450F. Prepare dough according to website directions. Spread one piece of dough onto a cornmeal-crusted pizza pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, mozzarella, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Spread onto pizza, leaving 1 inch around for crust.
- In a small bowl, toss sliced asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread evenly over cheese mixture. Bake for 10-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and crack eggs onto pizza. Cook another 2-4 minutes, or until egg whites are cooked and yolk is still runny.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Place prosciutto slices on pizza and serve.
Prep Time: 02 hrs. 00 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 18 mins.
Total time: 2 hrs. 18 mins.
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
Apple Danish Braid from The Redhead Baker
Berry & Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast with Citrus-Apple-Berry Compote from Sweet Beginnings
Breakfast Empanadas from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Buckwheat and Pepper Jack Waffles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Cinnamon Apple Dutch Baby from Palatable Pastime
Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Bake from The Chef Next Door
English Muffins from Sew You Think You Can Cook
Iced Berry Breakfast Braid from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Raspberry Sweet Rolls from Cookaholic Wife
The Best Yeasted Wafffles from The Barbee Housewife
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
Asparagus Pizza from Feeding Big
Asparagus, Egg & Prosciutto Brunch Pizza from Love and Confections
Seriously Sharp Grilled Cheese with Gazpacho Shooters from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Green Bean and Potato Salad from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Individual Swiss and Asparagus Tarts from Family Around the Table
Mesclun Salad with Grilled Asparagus & Raspberries from Hardly A Goddess
Sweet Potato Hash from Brunch-n-Bites
Mini Rustic Apple Pies from Forking Up
Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Nielsen-Massey, Rainier Fruit, and Michigan Asparagus for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.