Create the perfect Fall breakfast with Easy Pumpkin Monkey Bread. This pull-apart pumpkin treat is sure to please the whole family.
Buttery biscuits, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice combine for a treat the whole family will love. Add a powdered sugar glaze for beautiful presentation too.
Pumpkin Spice Biscuits:
I love homemade biscuits, but for an easy morning breakfast, canned biscuits are the base in my Easy Pumpkin Monkey Bread. The biscuits are tossed in a mixture of sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, then layered with the pumpkin sauce. I also opted to top my biscuits with a quick powdered sugar glaze.
We usually enjoy monkey bread for breakfast, and it would make a great option for brunch along with my Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Roll Cake. Add a delicious cocktail to your pumpkin-inspired brunch menu, like Pumpkin Red Sangria or Pumpkin Pie Bourbon Cocktail.
The pumpkin sauce not only has brown sugar, butter and cinnamon, but also pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Some people pour the sauce over the entire pan after the biscuits are in it. For this monkey bread, I divided it into 3, and layered it in between the biscuits. Either way works, whichever you choose.
TOOLS, TIPS & TRICKS:
- Make sure your bundt pan is well greased.
- If you let the monkey bread cool too long, it will stick to the pan when trying to release it.
- Here is one of my favorite bundt pans for monkey bread.
- You can use either light brown sugar or dark brown sugar however, dark brown sugar will have more of a rich molasses flavor.
Easy Pumpkin Monkey Bread
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cans Grands Southern Homestyle Original or Buttermilk Biscuits (8-count)
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup salted butter
- ½ cup pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease bundt pan with butter or cooking spray. Place bundt pan on half-sheet tray.
- In small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, spices and pumpkin. Stir until butter is completely melted and mixture is combined. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Whisk together sugar, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon in medium bowl. Quarter biscuits and roll pieces into sugar-spice mixture. Layer biscuit pieces in bundt pan.
- Gently pour or spoon ⅓ pumpkin sauce in the bottom of the pan. Layer half the biscuits in the bundt pan. Pour or spoon ⅓ over the biscuit pieces, trying to coat/cover each one. Repeat with remaining biscuits and sauce
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, then carefully turn over onto rimmed serving plate. Be careful when turning over, so as not to burn yourself with the hot butter sugar sauce.
- Combine ingredients for glaze and pour over monkey bread. Serve immediately.
Pumpkin season is here, and we are celebrating our love of pumpkin with #PumpkinWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. All week-long 26 bloggers will be sharing over 80 pumpkin-filled recipes for all your Autumn celebrations, including breakfasts, baked goods, savory pumpkin recipes, desserts, and drinks.
- Hot Pumpkin Apple Cider by Palatable Pastime
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Amish Friendship Bread by For the Love of Food
- Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Bread by Big Bear’s Wife
- Cranberry Pumpkin Sourdough Bread by The Spiffy Cookie
- Disney’s Pumpkin Muffins by Simply Inspired Meals
- Easy Pumpkin Bread by Veggies First Then Dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Monkey Bread by Love & Confections
- Keto Pumpkin Bread by Keto Basic AF
- Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Recipe by Blogghetti
- Pumpkin Croissants by The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie by Our Sutton Place
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Spice Granola by The Mandatory Mooch
- Pumpkin-Apple Muffins by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Vegan Pumpkin Spiced Crepes by Happily Curated Chaos
- Fall Harvest Chowder by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Cheddar Grits with Bacon and Apples by Sweet Beginnings
- Pumpkin Chili by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Pumpkin Ravioli by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spiced Pumpkin Hummus by Our Good Life
- Spicy Thai Curry Pumpkin Noodle Soup by Making Miracles
- Candied Pumpkin Pie by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Easy Pumpkin Turnovers w/ a Chocolate Candy Drizzle by The Freshman Cook
- Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake by Shockingly Delicious
- Pumpkin Macarons by April Golightly
- Tikvenik – (Bulgarian Pumpkin Strudel) by Caroline’s Cooking