A few weeks ago, I traveled home to North Carolina to visit my family and help my Mom host a Bridal Shower Brunch for my cousin – and you all know how much I LOVE Brunch. Her favorite color is purple so everything was decorated with that in mind.
All the local mothers helped by bringing food. We had a great spread including a French Toast Casserole, Mini Frittatas, Deviled Eggs, Hash Brown Casserole, Tomato-Pesto Tarts, a build-your-own Yogurt Parfait and a Mimosa Bar.
I helped Mom with all the decorations as well as the Puff Pastry Bites and French Macarons. We also had a dessert table with Cupcakes, Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, Mints and Peach Cake.
I think she enjoyed herself and had a great Bridal Shower. Congratulations and I cannot wait for the wedding in October!
Ham and Swiss Puff Pastry Bites
inspired by Pinterest
Ham and Swiss Puff Pastry Bites Ingredients:
– 1 package Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed overnight in refigerator
– 1 pound shaved deli Ham
– 1/4 pound sliced deli Swiss Cheese, cut in half
– 1-2 eggs beaten with 1-2 tablespoons water for Egg Wash
Ham and Swiss Puff Pastry Bites Directions:
– Heat oven to 425F and lightly spray some baking sheets.
– Lightly flour a surface to roll out one Puff Pastry Sheet at a time. You don’t want to stretch or make them too thin, just maybe an extra 1/2 to 1 inch on each side, and to flatten the fold. Cut into 9 equal squares.
– Set squares on a diagonal in front of you and place a 1/2 slice of Swiss Cheese, followed by some shaved Ham.
– Using the Egg Wash, fold one side over, brush the corner and fold the other side on top – to create a sealed puff pastry bite. Brush the entire piece of Puff Pastry with the Egg Wash, including the tops, sides, and little corners still visible under the Ham and Swiss.
– Repeat process with second Puff Pastry Sheet, remembering to work fast, so the fat does not melt out of the sheets before baking – that’s what makes it flaky and delicious!
– Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Can be served warm or at room temperature.
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!