Pumpkin Pecan Zucchini bread needs to be on your Fall menu. Zucchini and pumpkin create a moist and delicious loaf.
Pumpkin Pecan Zucchini Bread:
Pumpkin loafs are a seasonal favorite that I could enjoy year-round. Aside from Banana Bread, it is one of my favorite and easy quick breads. I adapted a family recipe for zucchini bread, and added pumpkin. I enjoy it warm and spread with whipped cream cheese. The sweetness from the loaf is balanced out by the tanginess of the cream cheese.
Pumpkin Bread Mix-ins:
I love being able to modify quick breads with different mix-ins. Pecans are a traditional nut, while others prefer walnuts. Chocolate chips are also a great choice for added sweetness. All three are perfect options for the Pumpkin Pecan Zucchini Bread – just substitute which mix-in you’d like. Additionally, dried cranberries are also a great choice for a delicious Fall flavor.
TOOLS, TIPS & TRICKS:
- Make sure your loaf pan is well greased and floured.
- Zucchini is very watery. Press between paper towels to absorb some of the extra liquid.
- Here is one of my favorite baking sets with loaf pans for monkey bread.
- Feel free to add or subtract any mix-in – change the nuts to chocolate chips.
Pumpkin Pecan Zucchini Bread
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup zucchini, grated and drained (1 medium)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 325°F and grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, or in a medium bowl with a hand mixer, beat the Eggs for 1 minute. Add in the Vegetable Oil and Granulated Sugar. Beat until well combined.
- Add in Flour, Salt, Baking Soda, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and Baking Powder. Beat on low until all the dry ingredients are incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to insure everything is mixed together well.
- Add in the Vanilla Extract, grated Zucchini, and pumpkin puree. Mix briefly, just to combine. By hand, stir in the chopped pecans.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. For freezing, once room temperature, slice and wrap each piece individually with plastic wrap, store in plastic bags for up to 2 weeks.
Pumpkin season is here, and we are celebrating our love of pumpkin with #PumpkinWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. All week-long 26 bloggers will be sharing over 80 pumpkin-filled recipes for all your Autumn celebrations, including breakfasts, baked goods, savory pumpkin recipes, desserts, and drinks.
- Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate by The Redhead Baker
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Pumpkin Pecan Zucchini Bread by Love & Confections
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding by Making Miracles