Create the perfect holiday breakfast with my easy Cranberry Orange Monkey Bread. This pull-apart treat is sure to please the whole family.
Orange-scented biscuits, dried cranberries, cinnamon orange sauce, and a powdered sugar glaze create this delicious and easy holiday breakfast or brunch dish the whole family will love.
Cranberry Orange BISCUITS:
Biscuits are one of my favorite breakfast or brunch items, and canned biscuits from the refrigerated section makes this an easy Cranberry Orange Monkey Bread. The biscuits are tossed with a mixture of granulated sugar, cinnamon and orange zest. When zesting, make sure you only get the zest and not the white bitter pith of the orange.
The cranberry-orange combination is such a classic holiday flavor combination. You could enjoy it alongside my Cranberry Orange Meltaways or with a Cranberry Orange Madras Cocktail. I would personally choose a White Cranberry Moscow Mule to have with brunch.
Orange Cinnamon SAUCE:
Traditional monkey bread uses brown sugar, butter and cinnamon for the sauce. I opted for a different route this time. The molasses flavor in the brown sugar could overpower the orange and cranberries, so granulated sugar was the best option. Salted butter, cinnamon and fresh-squeezed orange juice are melted with the sugar for a delicious, fragrant sauce. Vanilla extract is added off the heat, after everything is melted and combined
The biscuits are layered with dried cranberries, then topped with the orange cinnamon sauce to bake. It is so delicious and the house smells fantastic from the cinnamon and orange flavors!
TOOLS, TIPS & TRICKS:
- Make sure your bundt pan is well greased.
- If you let the monkey bread cool too long, it will stick to the pan when trying to release it. I aim for under 10 minutes of cooling time.
- Here is one of my favorite bundt pans for monkey bread.
- I opted for no brown sugar, because I did not want to molasses flavor to overpower the cranberries and orange.
- Make sure when zesting, to not get the white, bitter pith, and only the zest.
Easy Cranberry Orange Monkey Bread
Cranberry Orange Biscuits
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- zest from 1 navel orange
- 2 cans Grands Southern Homestyle Original or Buttermilk Biscuits (8-count)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Cinnamon Orange Sauce
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- juice from 1 navel orange
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease bundt pan with butter or cooking spray. Place bundt pan on half-sheet tray and set aside.
- In small saucepan, combine sugar, butter, cinnamon and orange juice. Stir until butter and sugar are completely melted and mixture is combined. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Whisk together sugar, cinnamon, and zest in medium bowl. Quarter biscuits and roll pieces into sugar-spice mixture. Layer biscuit pieces in bundt pan with dried cranberries sprinkled throughout.
- Gently pour the sauce over the biscuits. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, then carefully turn over onto rimmed serving plate. Be careful when turning over, so as not to burn yourself with the hot butter sugar sauce.
- Combine ingredients for glaze and pour over monkey bread. Serve immediately.
Welcome to #ChristmasSweetsWeek 2020! Co-hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! What better way to celebrate the holidays than with food and fun? 21 bloggers from around the country have come together to share some of their favorite sweet Christmas recipes!! Deck the halls and get ready for very merry sweet treats, like fudge, cookies, Christmas morning breakfasts, layer cakes, cocoa, and more! Follow along on social media with our #ChristmasSweetsWeek hashtag. Happy Holidays!
Enjoy these #ChristmasSweetsWeek recipes from our bloggers:
Pastry and Dessert Recipes
Dark Chocolate Graham Crackers by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies by The Nifty Foodie
Toffee Chip Cookies by Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Gingerbread Cupcakes by Magical Ingredients
Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake by Kate’s Recipe Box