Enjoy an easy Halloween snack board with a mixture of store-bought treats and semi-homemade touches that are kid-friendly and delicious!
This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are my own.
Kid-Friendly Snack Board:
Most of the ingredients for this board are from Trader Joe’s. They have a wide selection of Fall-inspired treats that my local grocery store doesn’t have. Trader Joe’s is about 30 minutes across town, so I usually only go for specialty ingredients that I cannot find anywhere else. Little L&C loved helping me pick out snacks for her board – because she is a foodie in the making.
Her favorite boards I have created so far were my Southern Brunch Board and Kid-Friendly Snack Board. She loves being able to serve herself, and pick and choose between options. I create my boards with a variety of food that I know she will like. She likes candy and sweets, and is allowed a small amount, but also gravitates toward healthier options too.
How To Build A Food Board:
I chose a mixture of store-bought and semi-homemade items for this board. The cute little cauldrons holding the dip and goldfish were purchased from a craft store last year. They were the biggest and tallest items, so those were placed on the board first, along with the bat dish holding the candy corn.
We eat with our eyes first, so you have to keep in mind colors, textures, flavors, and movement when building a snack or antipasto platter. It wouldn’t be as enticing if there wasn’t a variety. I stuck with orange, brown and white for the color scheme, and pumpkin or spiced flavors for the sweets. I also used a variety of textures, like crunchy and creamy. Snack boards don’t have to all be sweet or savory. I prefer a mixture, and included carrots and ghost chips with this board too.
TIPS, TRICKS, AND TOOLS:
- Here are a few of my favorite entertaining products, like including wood boards, bowls and accessories.
- I focused on a specific color palette and flavor for this board, and took my inspiration from Halloween.
- Start by placing larger items and bowls first, then work your way down to the smaller items.
- Make sure everything on your board is edible. My eyeball decorations are store-bought candy that is safe for kids to eat.
- Smaller items, like nuts and candy, should be placed last as a filler.
Kid-Friendly Halloween Snack Board
- Pumpkin Pudding Dip
- Almond Windmill Cookies
- Ghost & Bat Chips (Trader Joe's)
- Pumpkin Spice Batons (Trader Joe's)
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Cabot Colby Jack Cheese Sticks, cubed
- Pumpkin Spice Pretzel Slims (Trader Joe's)
- Candy Corn
- Cinnamon Pecans
- Pumpkin Joe Joe's (Trader Joe's)
- Starting with largest snacks and bowls, place on platter or board. Arrange medium snacks in piles, then fill in with smallest snacks.
Take a look more spooky Halloween recipes from our #HalloweenTreatsWeek Bloggers today:
Halloween Cookies & Bars:
- Cake Mix Monster Cookies from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Bar Cookies from Devour Dinner
- Oreo Mummy Cookies from Savory Experiments
- Easy Halloween Cake Mix Sprinkle Cookies from Family Around the Table
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars from House of Nash Eats
- Eye Love Chocolate Sugar Cookies from An Affair From the Heart
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars form Back To My Southern Roots
Halloween Cakes & Cupcakes:
- Bloody Broken Glass Red Velvet Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Halloween Bats Oreo Cupcakes from Lemon Blossoms
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Frosting from The Flour Handprint
- The Scream Brownies from West Via Midwest
- Halloween Monster Chocolate Cake Brownies from JZ Eats
- Halloween Marshmallow Brownies from Sweet Beginnings
- Halloween Mini S’mores Pudding Pies from For the Love of Food
- Jack Skellington Boo-berry Pie from Savory Moments
- Halloween Smoothie Bowl from Fresh Coast Eats
- Halloween Pancakes from I Am A Honeybee
- Pumpkin Spice Donuts from Pastry Chef Online
- Bloody Hot Cocoa from It’s Shanaka
Chilled Halloween Treats:
- Pennywise Ice Cream Float from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Wicked Witch Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
No Bake Desserts:
- Muddy Buddy Halloween Snack Mix from Tastes of Homemade
- Candy Corn Rice Crispy Treats from The Spiffy Cookie
- Kid-Friendly Halloween Snack Board from Love and Confections
- Rice Krispie Treat Haunted Houses from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Ghostly Snack Mix from Fake Ginger
- Spooky Pretzel Rods from Take Two Tapas
- Halloween Candy Bark from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Batty For Chocolate Dessert Cheese Ball from 4 Sons R Us
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Dip from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Spooky Season is here and it is time for 2020’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 3rd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsor and bloggers this year!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set
Prize #2 from Angie at BigBearsWife
Ninja OP301 Foodi 9-in-1 Pressure, Slow Cooker, Air Fryer and More, with 6.5 Quart Capacity and 45 Recipe Book, and a High Gloss Finish
Prize #3 from Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar
Origami Owl Locket and Halloween Charms
Prize #4 from Kathy at Lemon Blossoms
6 Quart Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
Prize #5 from Terri at Our Good Life
Young Living’s Thieves Mints ($50 Value)
Pop a Thieves Mint into your mouth for cinnamint-fresh breath after meals. Made with naturally derived ingredients and free of artificial sweeteners, dyes, and preservatives, Thieves Mints are a choice you can feel good about. Created with Young Living’s Thieves essential oil blend, these mints deliver minty coolness with a hint of warm, sugar-free sweetness. Thieves Mints come in a conveniently sized container that is great to take on the go!!
Prize #6 from Julie at Back To My Southern Roots
1 Copy of – The Peanuts Family Cookbook: Delicious Dishes for Kids to Make with Their Favorite Grown-Ups
Prize #8 from Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS
1 Copy of her new cookbook “Holy Sweet! 60 Indulgent Recipes for Bigger, Better Desserts”
Prize #9 from Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
1 Copy of her cookbook, “Incredible One-Pot Cooking: Easy, Delicious Recipes for Exciting Meals Without the Mess”
Prize #10 from Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog
1 Copy of “Friends: The Official Cookbook”
ONE (1) $75 Amazon gift card
Prize #12 from Shanaka from It’s Shanaka
ONE (1) $25 Amazon gift card
Prize #13 from Ashley from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Prize #14 from Amy from House of Nash Eats
ONE (1) $100 Amazon gift card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 5th – October 10th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 14 prizes and therefore we will have a total of 14 winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes. We would also love to give a huge thanks to our Halloween Treats Week bloggers because a lot of them also donated prizes for the giveaways, including: Angie of BigBearsWife , Nicole of Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar, Kathy of Lemon Blossoms, Terri of Our Good Life, Julie of Back To My Southern Roots, Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS, Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen, Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog, Michaela of An Affair from the Heart, Jennifer of Take Two Tapas , Michele of West Via Midwest, Shanaka of It’s Shanaka, Ashley of Cheese Curd In Paradise, and Amy from House of Nash Eats!